RS Warrior Forum banner

LAS removal and disable

8K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  Stretch 
#1 · (Edited)
LAS Removal and disable.

Needed 10mm socket, 8mm socket, 3mm allen wrench, and a small screwdriver. Also glue if you are going to disable it.

First the LAS (Lean Angle Sensor) is located behind the horn

Remove the 2 nuts holding the horn on. Disconnect the plug from the horn and set horn aside.

Now you can see the LAS. Remove the 8mm bolt holding the LAS bracket.

Now you can pull the LAS out into the open to get to it. Then remove the two 3mm allen bolts that hold the LAS to its mounting bracket.

Now you have access to the LAS to unplug it from its harness

Use a small screwdriver to get the LAS unit itself apart. First the white plastic end piece, I dont know what to call it, will snap out. Then there is a rubber oring, again not sure what to call it, that will come out next.

Then I had to use a pair of needle nose pliers to pull the inside of the sensore out of its shell.

Now this is what you will be looking at. Make sure everything is alligned properly and glue the penduleum in place so it cant swing.

I wont go into detail on how to flue the penulium here is a wonderful link with more info for that. How To: Disable Lean Angle Sensor (07-08) R1 - Yamaha Forum : Your Yamaha Motor Products Community & Resource

Also many more great photos

*Edit
Here is a video if it is helpful to anyone:

See less See more
1 7
#5 ·
I did it to mine to see if it was causing a problem i had with my bike, others like in the link provided, do it because it was causing problems when they would do hard launches from drag racing or doing wheelies.

#6 ·
I did mine because I was having issues with the bike.

When in any gear cruising around 3000 rpms my bike would shut off then when it dropped in rpm come back on. I couldnt figure it out until I saw in another thread this could be the problem.

I glued the pendulem so it couldnt move and the issue was solved!!!

Now I bought a new one and installed since I like the safety factor of if you fall over the bike shuts off

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.