Front Cowl & Windshield - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2013, 11:18 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Front Cowl & Windshield

1) I acquired the lower front cowl, unattached, when I purchased the bike and haven't taken the time to install it. I'm not sure if I want it installed for purely looks reasons. What are your thoughts on having it on your bike. Does it serve any purpose other than cosmetics?...i.e. protect oil filter from rocks?

2) I also received the stock(?) small fairing/windshield, also not attached. I'm interested in getting a clear windshield and have looked on line at many different ones. I will probably put the one I have on the bike just to see what wind deflection it does afford. Any suggestions on types, manufacturers and/or sizes of clear windshields? One of my concerns is do they flutter or vibrate at higher speeds?

Last comment - the guy that sold me the bike actually listed it on this forum - 2007 Midnight $6950 (15K miles) with several mods. While I'm obviously a newbee to this kind of motorcycle, I think I got a pretty good deal.
DesertRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2013, 11:41 AM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

this is like having a plate of food and asking countless people how to season it, its your taste that you have to meet not anyone else ,so do it how you like it and roll with it. btk572
btk572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 12:18 PM   #3 (permalink)

The front cowl is great to hide a few things that you might want to relocate, (i.e. Horn, rectifier, etc.) I currently have my tool bag hanging there since there is no storage room on the warrior. It's all personal preference like btk said.

As far as the windshield, try it like you said and see if you like it. You already have it, so you won't be out any money to find out you don't like it. You can always sell it if you don't like it. Make that Warrior yours and congrats!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Earth Is Full - Go Home.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Dunecraz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-30-2013, 12:20 PM   #4 (permalink)

DR
I have the Yamaha Boulevard and a Clearview XXL clear windshield that uses the Boulevard Brackets.
Like btk stated, windshields, you either love them or hate them. Me, I love them.

Hey if you want to try them out, ride out some Sat to Barstow. Takes about 5 mins to install.

BTW post a pic of your bike and the fairings. Members can tell you what you have and whats required to install or what fits.

g

1256day is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > Technical Discussion