Rear Fender - How do I get this look - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2015, 09:30 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Rear Fender - How do I get this look

I've been looking/reading/searching this forum pretty heavily the last few months and I've got many of my parts ordered already.

However, I found a fender I gotta have, but I'm struggling to find how it was done exactly.

It's from WyomingWarrior's red bike.

Profile Album:
https://www.rswarrior.com/forums/members/33251-albums30.html

Here's his fender and I'm curious if ANYBODY can tell me how this was done.

fruitjacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2015, 09:55 AM   #2 (permalink)

I believe it's just a stock fender cut down with a cut off tool or grinder. If you can draw a straight symmetrical line with a sharpie, and have a steady hand, you could do this to your stock fender.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
midnightsith07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 09:59 AM   #3 (permalink)

you can cut sown a stock fender like suggested or you can purchase a fiberglass fender

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Christo K
Mold your dreams into reality

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
christok is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-17-2015, 10:07 AM   #4 (permalink)

I think BTK did that fender, but its just a cut stocker. Im having one done also.
bja72774 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 10:08 AM   #5 (permalink)

Yep. Stock fender. You can also cut four inches out of the middle and weld the end back on to get the hump.

Just remember. If you do this you will need a new rear taillight option.

LeaderDuece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 10:45 AM   #6 (permalink)

OK. So I assumed it was a stock fender, so that's for that clarification.

I'm planning on doing a side mounted plate/taillight option.
I don't think I'll be putting turn signals on it at all.

Does anybody know if this was cut in half, etc., then re-welded, or just cut right from the stock mounting position?

I will PM BTK and see if he can assist.
Old 12-17-2015, 10:52 AM   #7 (permalink)

Well, it looks like I won't be PM'ing BTK.

He's listed as Banned.
Old 12-17-2015, 11:19 AM   #8 (permalink)

As mentioned above - if you are handy with some common tools - do it yourself

I would mark my lines, cut it so I had plenty of room away from my line (leaving the fender longer then desired) and then using a grinder I would work my way towards the line as carefully and smoothly as possible.

If my wife didn't have to ride on the back and I wasn't worried about the water splash, this would be on my to do list.

Linkies - ->

Warning: I will more than likely offend you at some point.
08RSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 11:40 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08RSW View Post
As mentioned above - if you are handy with some common tools - do it yourself

I would mark my lines, cut it so I had plenty of room away from my line (leaving the fender longer then desired) and then using a grinder I would work my way towards the line as carefully and smoothly as possible.

If my wife didn't have to ride on the back and I wasn't worried about the water splash, this would be on my to do list.
Thank you for the input. I'm gonna do it myself.
I'll measure and tape off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > Technical Discussion