help poor throttle response /hesitation - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2017, 11:29 PM   #1 (permalink)

Question help poor throttle response /hesitation

hey every one so unfortunately my rear wheel slipped out from under me and i dropped my warrior broken peg and brake lever so i got them replace bike idles fine and if im super easy on the throttle it drives but if i pull the throttle any faster it hesitates and then bam it kicks in . it takes a full second for it to respond also my engine light is on i noticed after picking up my bike when it fell noticed the lag shortly after . any tips thanks in advance.
Tommy750e is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2017, 11:46 PM   #2 (permalink)

Wow... Welcome from SoCal ride safe.... Sorry that I'm no help... But one of the guru's will chime in with some help.... Guess have u check the usual stuff connections n so ?
Where in Cali are u from

Sent from my Z831 using Tapatalk
Desertboy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 01:02 AM   #3 (permalink)

Location: From Whittier,California Live in Ventura,California

Check what code it's throwing otherwise like I'm at mentioned, connections.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2002 XV1700 Roadstar Warrior
My Mods
Cobra Fi2000 PowrPro with CVT(Non-Black)
Bub Chambermaids
Big City Thunders - Thunder Monster Baffles

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Riding On the Darkside #2 (235/45/ZR17 BFGoodrich G-Force Comp-2 A/S)

Rudy Jeremias
(562)303-6036
rij1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-18-2017, 02:09 AM   #4 (permalink)

Welcome to the forum. Post up the specs and modifications you know about your bike. Once you have enough posts (10 I think) you can post pics as well. If you have a Power Commander or other fuel controller, it's possible some connection has come loose.

05 Speedstar Stage IV

Brizzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 07:29 AM   #5 (permalink)

Welcome to the family! Disconnect the battery for ten min. then re connect. Then check what code/s show on the tach. if none check the code history. Also like said check all starter and battery cables for clean and tight connections. what side did it fall on? I fright it could be the throttle grip hanging up.

DARK MIDKNIGHT WARRIOR
Check out the DIY MOD LISTfor many free, cheap, easy Mods!! You will be glad you did!
Nightshifter's and Insomniac's Thread New Member FAQ
rcoligan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 08:40 AM   #6 (permalink)

Welcome to the warrior family and the best warrior 4m.

Shadow Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 01:48 PM   #7 (permalink)

Welcome and the above comments are on track-if it fell on the right, make sure the throttle is smooth without the bike running. A Vacuum line or cap may have come off also. Check the codes and let us know so you can get back to having a great running bike!
rumblemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 12:53 AM   #8 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Awesome help guys!

arizonawarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > Technical Discussion