260 rear, Fender issue - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2018, 09:02 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 260 rear, Fender issue

So I got my rear tire mounted, etc.
I went to mock up my fender (which was off a crashed warrior but precut exactly the way I wanted), and the fender bolts are WAY too long.

This is likely because there was a backrest mounted to the stays, but I have some concerns.

1. Just grind them off at the shell?
2. Do I need the shell? (Yes, I may want a passenger)
3. Will the 'nuts' incorporated in the shell, rub my tire?

For reference, yes, I put the 1000lb eibach spring in, with a RAM lowering kit.

fruitjacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2018, 12:43 AM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator

The stock fender bolt lengths are very close to a 260 tire so get with your rear wheel or swing-arm supplier to learn about the spacers and set-up. But first get the e-manual with supplements and see how stock is arranged.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

arizonawarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 08:50 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arizonawarrior View Post
The stock fender bolt lengths are very close to a 260 tire so get with your rear wheel or swing-arm supplier to learn about the spacers and set-up. But first get the e-manual with supplements and see how stock is arranged.
Appreciate the response. I did a pretty exhaustive search here and just never ran across anything explaining what needed to be done.

Crown Custom Conversions did the work in 2015 and their website says the 260 will fit with the stock fender.

However, when lowering I'm concerned about the shell rubbing the tire.
fruitjacket is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-29-2018, 10:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Yep it's an exacting fit. The tire is wider and taller. The stay bolts need to be just long enough. The wheel spacers need to be right. The rear suspension might need to be UN-lowered or even raised a bit above stock. A stiffer rear spring might help. Put it together with these potentials in mind. It always works out one way or another.

arizonawarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > Technical Discussion