Where is this Mod? (Garage Door Opener) - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2019, 08:10 AM   #1 (permalink)

Question Where is this Mod? (Garage Door Opener)

OK guys, you have been extremely helpful in my times of need. I am calling on you one more time. I have heard that there is a mod out there that someone did with a garage door opener that activates when he flashes his high beams, or something like that. This is something I am very interested in. I have in deed used the search function for "garage door" and nothing pops right out. I have went through the mod pages going all the way back to 2010 and saw nothing. Any guidance would be appreciated.
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2019, 12:51 PM   #2 (permalink)

Following, pretty sweet idea...
RobbSkllz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 01:11 PM   #3 (permalink)

Mo-Door Micro Switch Garage and Gate Opener
Damronjr is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-12-2019, 01:50 PM   #4 (permalink)

When my garage opener motor failed i had to replace it. They make them now that link to your house WiFi and have an app. I can open my garage right from my handlebar mounted phone. Might be worth looking into if yohr motor already had this capability, or if its nearing an upgrade time anyways.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Diesel_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 07:26 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel_Warrior View Post
When my garage opener motor failed i had to replace it. They make them now that link to your house WiFi and have an app. I can open my garage right from my handlebar mounted phone. Might be worth looking into if yohr motor already had this capability, or if its nearing an upgrade time anyways.

Do you have any part information on this kit?
Damronjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 10:57 AM   #6 (permalink)

go to the DIY mod list
https://www.rswarrior.com/forums/13-...-mod-list.html
scroll down to the end and it is near the end

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Christo K
Mold your dreams into reality

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
christok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 11:38 AM   #7 (permalink)

The links for that doesn't work on the mod list

Shadow Warrior is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 11:52 AM   #8 (permalink)

Try contacting Bruce59 as if not mistaken he did this mod using a button like the one on the tachometer conected to a garage opener. He may still have the details of his write up

Christo K
Mold your dreams into reality

christok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 12:30 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damronjr View Post
Do you have any part information on this kit?
I have a craftsman garage motor, and its the "assurelink" that offers the wifi and app. I know Chamberlain had some with the capability as well but i cant speak to how well it works. I have not had a single problem with my craftsman model.

Also, depending on what motor you have now, you can buy just the assurelink for craftsman for $55, and the Chamberlain piece for $100. Below are some links that say they offer smartphone use.

Chamberlain B550 Smartphone-Controlled Ultra-Quiet & Strong Belt Drive Garage Door Opener with MED Lifting Power, Blue https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0758L67KP..._lA2oCbKQ5X1MB

https://m.sears.com/connected-soluti...s/b-1342037599

Diesel_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 02:28 PM   #10 (permalink)

The gizmo you're talking about is Flash2Open https://flashtoopen.com/pages/motorcycle

I personnally used a standard remote, shorten the switch contacts and powered it with a push button that sends the current

https://www.rswarrior.com/forums/13-...ml#post2808041

-

Last edited by Snowboy; 01-13-2019 at 02:33 PM.
Snowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > Technical Discussion