DIY Fender Eliminator? - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2019, 09:14 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default DIY Fender Eliminator?

anyone do a DIY fender eliminator that does not including hacking up the OEM fender?
I want to preserve the OEM fender should there every be a reason to go back to stock.

would like to not spend the 100+ on an aftermarket kit if i can avoid it.
I'm about to buy some aluminum bars and try to really mess this up.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DesertRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2019, 11:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator

I presume you mean the DIY Inner Fender Eliminator mod?

If yes, then the steel fender is not modified. Just the plastic inner-fender. Those parts are available free for the asking assuming someone has it laying around still. If worried, post a wanted ad here. Offer to pay for sending it to you. See what happens. Then you have it if you want to un-mod.

Last edited by arizonawarrior; 03-03-2019 at 11:23 PM.
arizonawarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 12:18 PM   #3 (permalink)

Like Arizona said the fender stays A-ok not hurt at all. All I did was hack up the plastic mud guard under the fender and made my own fender eliminator mod. I cut the mounts off of the mud guard since I was using a Blaster X and trimmed the rear and mounted my plate to the plastic and used a piece of aluminum to strengthen it up a bit. Super easy to do.
Heftysmurf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-04-2019, 12:39 PM   #4 (permalink)

yup, just looking for the OEM mud flap so i can do that exact thing. I'm having a hard time justifying a $130-$200 for an aftermarket eliminator kit.
thinking about buying some L brackets and just trying to fab something, if i can't get a lead on the OEM piece.

DesertRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > Technical Discussion