CAD Models?? - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2019, 06:16 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default CAD Models??

Anyone know of or have access to any 3D CAD models of our Warriors? I'm working on designing a right side cover to hide the wires. It would be handy to be able to test "fit" the side covers before i make them so i could see what works the best. I've found a model online for the Raider & several other Yamahas but nothing for the Warrior yet.

Last edited by ant00r1; 03-11-2019 at 06:52 PM. Reason: adding pic
ant00r1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2019, 06:37 PM   #2 (permalink)

i suggest making a paper template of the area and build your cover against that.
if someone had a 3D scanner, it would be cool to import a model into CAD or something similar.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DesertRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 06:53 PM   #3 (permalink)

yeah, i could do it that way but almost sounds too easy

If i come up with something i like, thats probably what i'll do. SInce i have a couple other family & friends that'll probably want one as well
ant00r1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-20-2019, 07:10 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRider View Post
i suggest making a paper template of the area and build your cover against that.
if someone had a 3D scanner, it would be cool to import a model into CAD or something similar.
The detail in the picture above is the simplest and does not require a 3D scanner. Unless, of course, I correctly see the flat part cut from sheet metal in the picture.
freeezzzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 08:19 AM   #5 (permalink)

There is a detailed/dimensioned screen shot of a CAD model in this thread.

https://www.rswarrior.com/forums/14-...ide-cover.html

Are you thinking of just having it laser cut out of S.S.? If so, please find out how much they will charge you for a second one as I might be interested based on cost.

Note: The rear cylinder sits further to port/front is more starboard. I had to use a 1/2" (or maybe it was 3/4"?) spacer on the rear screw to make it 'sit' correctly.
DirtieGirtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 08:22 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeezzzz View Post
The detail in the picture above is the simplest and does not require a 3D scanner. Unless, of course, I correctly see the flat part cut from sheet metal in the picture.
I think he meant a 3D printer to print out the cover and maybe add an object like a smiley face or a Millennium Falcon. I'm not positive, but I don't think he meant a 3D scanner to create the CAD model.
DirtieGirtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 01:35 PM   #7 (permalink)

I also think the same. . .
LizaaHayden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 05:40 AM   #8 (permalink)

I'll draw something up today. Just got rid if my coffin last week and it's looking bare. It will would probably not work just getting 3D printed as the plastics don't hold up to heat too well. ABS could work but would still melt where it's mounted to the jugs. I'll have to figues something out for that but I'll model something out of 1/8 material for now.
jslavic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > Technical Discussion