Loss of power @ low rpm and acceleration - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2019, 07:23 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Loss of power @ low rpm and acceleration

Hey all, I recently bought my 03 warrior and I took it for my first "long" ride yesterday(over 50 miles). After riding for about 30 minutes, when we go through a town and slow down to around 25mph, I would have an issue where the engine would sputter and kinda jerk me around. Then when trying to accelerate out of town I would lose some power in 1st and second. Then I would sometimes have an issue where the engine would shudder while cruising @ 50+mph. Any ideas?
Foodleech is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2019, 07:43 AM   #2 (permalink)

Check your battery cables, make sure they're tight. Also look in to if the cps recall was done.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
You can be anything you want on the internet, Strange so many people choose to be stupid. -Mark Twain-
madtom421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 10:15 AM   #3 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Are all of the recalls done?

Check the Total Recall forum.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

arizonawarrior is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-26-2019, 10:47 AM   #4 (permalink)

I will call Yamaha on Tuesday. I put my vin in the NHTSA website and it said I have 0 unrepaired recalls. But I assume I still need to call Yamaha to see what recalls have been done?
Old 05-26-2019, 05:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
Super Moderator

It seems to be the best way. Read the recall forum so you are savvy before calling.

arizonawarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 10:19 PM   #6 (permalink)

Have you tried to play with the idle screw? Raise it so it sits at about 950-975ish with a heated up engine. Check if this will smoothen out the ride. Also check your vacuum hoses that go from your lcv to your throttle bodies and make sure they don't leak. I would personally check the coil connections as well as the battery ground cable.

Follow me on
YouTube:

Facebook:

Instagram:
GDwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 02:04 AM   #7 (permalink)

Welcome to the family and the best warrior 4m.

Shadow Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 11:34 AM   #8 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to yamaweezle

Quote:
Originally Posted by madtom421 View Post
Check your battery cables, make sure they're tight. Also look in to if the cps recall was done.
This...

yamaweezle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 10:11 PM   #9 (permalink)

All good advice. Also suggest suspect LAS. Start by pushing on wires on LAS.

Stretch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 01:49 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arizonawarrior View Post
Are all of the recalls done?

Check the Total Recall forum.

I just called Yamaha and all the recalls have been done.

Trans was done in Jan 20, 2004, TPS was done Oct 13, 2006 and Pick-up coil was done Feb 20, 2007.

Suggestions for my next step?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > Technical Discussion