Warrior Gas Milage - Page 4 - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2019, 04:25 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
Fuel line after left side clean up might be preventing tank from draining, like Gilly said. 75m per tank ainít bad if only 2gallons it fill up. After that Iíd save my map and try another one for grins. Could increase smiles per gallon anyway.
I don't think that's the case.
I filled up this morning and put 3.4 gallons in. I was at 79.7 miles on the tank at that point. I'll see what the mileage is this time to compare to the 3.4, however i've historically put in 3 gallons when i fill up.

I'm not showing any fuel leaks, I'm assuming it's just guzzling fuel. The ride seems fine, but i figure i should get betting a good 20-30 miles more per tank than i'm seeing.

I've only had the bike since October. I do not know how old the spark plugs are. have a little more than 20k miles on the ODO.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DesertRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2019, 05:34 PM   #32 (permalink)

If plugs and map are good - and air filters clean - man...are we looking at binding or mechanical friction somewhere?

Stretch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 02:13 AM   #33 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Desert,

Riding sane on the highway you should get ~120 miles from full tank to light. Stop and go. ~100. Due to sensor and environmental / road conditions it can vary a bit.

But this beast loves to run. Right wrist fever can certainly reduce miles to light.

arizonawarrior is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 07-13-2019, 10:05 AM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRider View Post
I don't think that's the case.
I filled up this morning and put 3.4 gallons in. I was at 79.7 miles on the tank at that point. I'll see what the mileage is this time to compare to the 3.4, however i've historically put in 3 gallons when i fill up.

I'm not showing any fuel leaks, I'm assuming it's just guzzling fuel. The ride seems fine, but i figure i should get betting a good 20-30 miles more per tank than i'm seeing.

I've only had the bike since October. I do not know how old the spark plugs are. have a little more than 20k miles on the ODO.
The other day my fuel light came on at 85 miles. Some days it comes on at 120. It all depends on how much you rev it and what type of riding you do. I have all hills and curvy roads where I live so if I am out on the backroads my mileage drops to about 100 miles before the fuel light comes on. I'd change the spark plugs, clean the air filter, and do an oil change. That should improve power and fuel mileage assuming you have the correct fuel map. I also have Ivan's ECU flash which seemed to give me an extra 3-4 mpg.
JV_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 10:44 AM   #35 (permalink)

I got about 70ish miles last night
From a full tank...

But was smashing down the freeway
@ 100mph
Good times...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk
Desertboy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 11:22 AM   #36 (permalink)

I will admit cruising above 85 mph makes her one thirsty animal but other than that I would start with a fresh set of plugs and make sure you ain't got no vacuum leaks. I would play with the map you have loaded or look at some of the maps on this forum to see if one works better for you.
Heftysmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 12:59 PM   #37 (permalink)

mileage update
next take: 76.2
then: 84 miles

There was 24 miles on the current tank when i replaced spark plugs.
i'm not sure if these are original plugs or not. bike has about 22k miles.

do these plugs tell you anything?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190727_195841.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	110.9 KB
ID:	216696   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190727_200334.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	216698  

Old 07-29-2019, 01:29 PM   #38 (permalink)

Man they needed to be changed..
Looks to me that its running a lil to rich..

Theres somewhere a pic of how the spark plugs are supposed to look ..

Old 07-29-2019, 01:33 PM   #39 (permalink)

rich makes sense on the crap fuel mileage. she's got new plugs in it now. i can try to fiddle with the map. i don't want to pony up for a dyno tune. too cheap

Old 07-29-2019, 02:12 PM   #40 (permalink)

Yeah that could be the cause of it...

That's why I Bought the
Cobra Auto Tuner...

No need to mess with maps or dyno tunes

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > Technical Discussion