Wrapped Exhaust - Ruined Pipes - Page 2 - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2019, 07:27 AM   #11 (permalink)

Also, I'm not really into the wrapped look. I'd consider re wrapping as a temporary fix, but I'd ultimately go for another set of pipes.

I don't like that the wraps can't get wet either. I mostly commute, take the long way home, and enjoy riding trips - wouldn't want to be worried about getting my pipes ruined by some rain.
akadirtyharold is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2019, 07:42 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by akadirtyharold View Post
They're asking $6500, which is $500 over Blue Book. I'm going to see if I can talk them to around $5000. Definitely using the pipes as leverage, "the cost to buy new pipes and get the mapped yadayadayada"

I'm hoping to offer my trade - 06 Speed Triple 23k clean - plus $2000.
Be sure to check Craig’s List for a good deal. Great work on those block off plates!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stretch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 07:49 AM   #13 (permalink)

I've been checking Craigslist, CycleTrader, and Facebook Market a few times a day watching for new updates >.<

There's a few in my area. Saw this one in person about two weeks ago and it looks clean except for those pipes.

Old 06-25-2019, 08:23 AM   #14 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to yamaweezle

I'd walk at that price...With a little looking you can find nicer for a whole lot less. That's a $4500 bike IMO.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

yamaweezle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 08:37 AM   #15 (permalink)
Super Moderator

^^^^^^^ what he said. IMO the bike's apparent condition does not warrant the asking price.

arizonawarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 09:15 AM   #16 (permalink)

Try to stay around the 5k mark.

Also if you do like the way the sound and look you can always have them chromed, ceramic coated, cerakoted or rewrapped.
Heftysmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 07:12 PM   #17 (permalink)

Well $#!7 ...

Went up today to negotiate and it sold this morning!!!

>.<
Old 06-26-2019, 08:12 PM   #18 (permalink)

Bro, what is your zip code? I checked CL and there is THIRTEEN Warriors within 200 miles of me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	8D10E772-B707-4E1F-BFF4-F6BAFF5ECC0B_1561594329570.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	124.9 KB
ID:	216090  

Stretch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 11:27 PM   #19 (permalink)

44221, there's a few out here --- I'd burn a tank of gas to pick one up, but until the Triumph is sold, I'll have opt for trade-in plus cash.

Last edited by akadirtyharold; 06-26-2019 at 11:32 PM.
Old 06-27-2019, 02:21 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by akadirtyharold View Post
I've been checking Craigslist, CycleTrader, and Facebook Market a few times a day watching for new updates >.<

There's a few in my area. Saw this one in person about two weeks ago and it looks clean except for those pipes.
Thats a dealership price, the economy is suffering and lots of folks sell their bikes 1st when faced with having to cut back. I would look for a private owner who has had their bike on the market for a while, who is willing to negotiate. Thats what I did, I bought my 2006 Warrior for $4,500 W/ less than 7,000 miles and looks new. But I was willing to pay the price.They are out there, you just have to be patient.

Last edited by Wolfhead; 06-27-2019 at 02:23 AM.
Wolfhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > Technical Discussion