Popping through air box on decel - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2019, 04:01 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Popping through air box on decel

I just got the Ivan flash and Ivanís map for my pcv, now when I blip the throttle to down shift I get a spitting or popping through the intake, any ideas, just tried to call Ivan got no answer
flyingmerkel54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2019, 04:03 PM   #2 (permalink)

Of course Iíll keep trying Ivan just wanted to see if any of you guys have had this
Old 07-11-2019, 04:20 PM   #3 (permalink)

Location: From Whittier,California Live in Ventura,California

What else did you do to the bike?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2002 XV1700 Roadstar Warrior
My Mods
Cobra Fi2000 PowrPro with CVT(Non-Black)
Bub Chambermaids
Big City Thunders - Thunder Monster Baffles

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Riding On the Darkside #2 (235/45/ZR17 BFGoodrich G-Force Comp-2 A/S)

Rudy Jeremias
(562)303-6036
rij1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-11-2019, 04:29 PM   #4 (permalink)

-What R1j1 said.

- Did you follow the instructions R1j1 posted recently

- What is name of map you loaded

Stretch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 07:59 PM   #5 (permalink)

Ok all I did is install the map that Ivan gave me for my pcv and my flashed ecu, There was no name per say other than Ivans map # 1 or 2 (He gave me 2) the only thing I haven't done is adjust my TPS which is a little off, and I stress a little. I think he wants it to be .630 and mine is .650 could that do it? One of the Maps was for with the air box mod and the other was without it

Last edited by flyingmerkel54; 07-11-2019 at 08:08 PM.
Old 07-11-2019, 08:06 PM   #6 (permalink)

R1j1 I haven't done much more other than Ivans airbox plate and what I already stated
Old 07-11-2019, 09:09 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingmerkel54 View Post
Ok all I did is install the map that Ivan gave me for my pcv and my flashed ecu, There was no name per say other than Ivans map # 1 or 2 (He gave me 2) the only thing I haven't done is adjust my TPS which is a little off, and I stress a little. I think he wants it to be .630 and mine is .650 could that do it? One of the Maps was for with the air box mod and the other was without it
Sounds like ya got the best map.

Personally I would match the TPS. You said your bike runs perfect except this little hiccup so might be this itty bit. When he made those maps the bike had TPS at 6.30. That bike did not have cobra exhaust though. So once you get all these things spot on it may be a tweak to the map.

Don’t forget the PC software to set WOT and zero throttle positions. That might do what you’re aiming to fix.

Also, is your AIS deleted?

Old 07-11-2019, 10:42 PM   #8 (permalink)

The thing is I cant set my TPS unless the bike is running, maybe my pcv is messed up cuz I get no reading for my tps unless I start the bike, Im at .65 right now, any clues as to why this might be happening, kinda hard to set it with the bike running
Old 07-12-2019, 09:13 AM   #9 (permalink)

Nah re-read directions you can shut it off once warmed up bro

Old 07-12-2019, 11:19 AM   #10 (permalink)

I wouldn't worry about it. From what I have read it is normal on big V-Twins like these bikes. I have his tune with his maps and I also set the TPS correctly per his instructions. Heck the other day I blipped my throttle to downshift and smoke shot out from under my gas tank, which did freak me out a little, but like I said others say it is normal. Also read Ivans instructions carefully, it explains on how to get the numbers for you TPS with the bike off. You have to turn the bike on--> kill the bike once it has warmed up to proper temp and as soon as you turn the bike off, turn the throttle to 100%--> write down the number you see at 100% (should be over 22000 or something high like that. I don't remember off the top of my head.) It is a pretty simple process, just seems hard if you haven't done it. Also I am not an expert at this so my advise might not even be correct.
JV_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > Technical Discussion