Stock Riser bushings removed - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread 07-14-2019, 02:43 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Stock Riser bushings removed

My stock upper tree was just powder coated. And the shop that did the work, removed the riser bushings from the tree. I havenít asked them if they kept them... Now I want to install the tree back on the bike, but I need an idea on what to do with these 2 huge holes in there.

I checked Partzilla and RS forum and realized that stock bushings were pressed in and shops donít sell them.

Wonder if there are a particular brand/model bushings I should look for that would fit the stock tree holes? Or shall I look for a new tree?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
FlySpur is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-14-2019, 07:08 AM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Recent info: https://www.rswarrior.com/forums/13-...ing-bolts.html

Did they powder coat inside the holes, wondering if the bushing will still fit correctly.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by arizonawarrior; 07-14-2019 at 07:13 AM.
arizonawarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2019, 11:21 AM   #3 (permalink)

They didnít. Looks as they sandblasted it.

Unread 07-14-2019, 01:46 PM   #4 (permalink)

Unread 07-14-2019, 03:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Awesome news. Hopefully they have the parts for you. If not, someone around here have have a top plate you can recover them from.

Unread 07-14-2019, 03:23 PM   #6 (permalink)

I think Christo changed out some stock ones for harley bushings a long time ago. Might see if he chimes in.

Gilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2019, 03:38 PM   #7 (permalink)

My understanding was that the stock bushings arenít reusable. Considering that they were pressed in and were not meant to be taken in-and-out. Moreover, none of the shops sell them as replaceable parts. I can be wrong though.. to me it sounds more like reusing the same condom after washing it.

I just want to make sure that there wonít be any safety issues after reusing old parts. Going to check with the shop that removed them tomorrow. Hopefully they still have them.

Unread 07-14-2019, 07:51 PM   #8 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Over the years many members had their trees chromed or powdercoated, I had always assumed they were removed and replaced. Interested in where this goes.

Unread 07-15-2019, 10:52 AM   #9 (permalink)

Call these guys as they used to make a metric kit
https://www.alloyart.com/
Heftysmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2019, 12:24 PM   #10 (permalink)

Exclamation

The Warrior riser bushings weren't removed for the CI (Cycle Image) chromed triple trees. I've helped and attended an install of their trees in the early days.

As you know, Powder Coated top trees require removal of the riser bushings because of the Paint Bake Oven temperature used to cure the powder paint.
  • The factory riser bushings can be reused when properly removed. This is documented on this forum if you use the Search Engine.
    • IMO they should be pressed out and reinstalled from the top side to prevent damage to the beauty face of the top tree.

ADDED: If need be I would suggest you check Alloy Art Gooden Tight Urethane Riser Bushings that will probably require some minor modifications.
gl

- Starting System
&

&

Last edited by alanh; 07-15-2019 at 12:31 PM.
alanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > Technical Discussion