SS Front Brake lines - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2019, 05:20 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default SS Front Brake lines

I want to put on SS front brake lines and wanted to use Galfer but there web site sucks so anyone know where I should go to find custom brake lines, I say custom cuz they need to be longer than stock.
I called Galfer today to try and order a two line set up and they wont let you just give them line length and Bike brand for the correct Banjo fittings over the phone, told me to use the form online, what a pain in the ass! Any suggestions?
flyingmerkel54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2019, 05:33 PM   #2 (permalink)

Sorry to hear that maybe.....

https://spieglerusa.com/brakes/brake...line-kits.html
Heftysmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 08:26 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heftysmurf View Post

I checked their site. Entered the Warrior in and it didnít come up with any matches. Shame... I am also looking to upgrade mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JV_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-13-2019, 08:34 PM   #4 (permalink)

Sorry to read you're having issues with Galfer.

Back in June 2009 I submitted the enclosed jpeg dwg for a custom upper line to the MC for a new Flanders bar.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Starting System
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&

&

alanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 08:47 PM   #5 (permalink)

I went with Spiegler ..
Place my order over the phone
No issues what's so EVER and extremely happy with their product

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk
Desertboy13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 10:28 PM   #6 (permalink)

Thanks Desertboy I will contact them tomorrow
Old 08-14-2019, 06:06 AM   #7 (permalink)

I haven't looked much into getting new lines, but i like the idea of customizing the colors of lines and connections. While we're on the subject of custom lines, what is the length of stock lines, and how do you guys go about determining what length is needed for custom length? Do you just see how short the stock lines are on your new bars or something?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Diesel_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 11:07 AM   #8 (permalink)

I used a gas line hose and strung it just the way I want my brake lines to be routed and went from banjo fitting to banjo fitting and then marked the hose and measured it with a tape seems to work well
Old 08-14-2019, 01:22 PM   #9 (permalink)

Coaxial Cable is a perfect tool to use for calculating brake line lengths.

Here's an example of how to check stock MC line. I used a cotton sash cord (not in photo) and then measured with tape.
  • Always Measure twice and best to default slightly longer then short!

Here's Galfer's cut-sheet for stock length 3-pc kit for Warrior

- Starting System
&

&

alanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 03:57 PM   #10 (permalink)

Got the issue with Galfer resolved and ordered my front brake lines, well they arrived today and they sent the wrong banjo fitting for the master cylinder side supposed to be a double and they sent two singles. Beautiful lines terrible service, although the order got here quickly it wasn't right!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > Technical Discussion