Ruff running - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2019, 12:34 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Ruff running

Hello all, I have an issue that is driving me crazy, I have an 06, and only, only when the engine gets hot, normal operating temp, the bike sputters, and jerks, and when In neutral, it will die, Iíve changed plugs, fuel pump and battery, Iím leaning towards coils, but want to check first before putting unnecessary money into it. Thanks a million!!!!!
talon1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2019, 12:52 AM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator

What is warm rpm set at?
It should be 850~950 minimum when warm in order to support charging and oil pump delivery.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

arizonawarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 01:09 AM   #3 (permalink)

Like Suggested idle is set at ?????...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk
Desertboy13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-11-2019, 07:52 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by talon1980 View Post
Hello all, I have an issue that is driving me crazy, I have an 06, and only, only when the engine gets hot, normal operating temp, the bike sputters, and jerks, and when In neutral, it will die, Iíve changed plugs, fuel pump and battery, Iím leaning towards coils, but want to check first before putting unnecessary money into it. Thanks a million!!!!!
I don't know what you have done to the bike because you have not listed anything in your profile but i believe that after the bike warms up your fuel settings are probably off. A power commander or some sort of fuel management might need to be added. Just guessing at this point.

Gilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 09:41 AM   #5 (permalink)

Hey Talon, I have had some similar issues with my bike. My issues only show up when the bike get super hot. Here is a link to my forum thread about it https://www.rswarrior.com/forums/13-...eleration.html

From what others have told me on here and what I've read, it could be my LCV (Linear control valve), CPS (Crank position sensor), LAS (Lean angle sensor) or maybe a coil. So I will definitely be following this thread to see if you get it figured out. Best/ only thing you can do is trouble shoot one item at a time and go out for a ride to test. Good luck.
Foodleech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 10:33 AM   #6 (permalink)

Talon list your mods and what you have done to the bike. More info the better.....
Have you checked for vacuum leaks?
Heftysmurf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 02:37 PM   #7 (permalink)

Location: From Whittier,California Live in Ventura,California

I'd block off the LCV hoses to the throttle bodies and see how it does then go from there.

2002 XV1700 Roadstar Warrior
My Mods

BUB CHAMBERMAIDS

Riding On the Darkside #2 (235/45/ZR17 BFGoodrich G-Force Comp-2 A/S)
Rudy Jeremias.
(562)303-6036
rij1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 02:55 PM   #8 (permalink)

Honestly think you alrdy spent unnecessary money....On the fuel pump and so ..
I always come here b4 I start replacing parts.

Like suggested post info about ur M/C
So we can help u out....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk
Desertboy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 05:16 AM   #9 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Still no rpm answer from the OP.
Maybe its solved.

arizonawarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > Technical Discussion