Can not erase error codes - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2019, 10:52 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Can not erase error codes

Hello,
I have a 2007 warrior. I rode to work one day and went to leave work and my bike would not start. It cranked, but would not fire up. I figured out how to get to diagnostic mode and determined I have 3 error codes (15, 22, 30). Code 30 is "bike has overturned" and related to the lean angel sensor switch, however, there was no sign that my bike was knocked over during work and I did not lay it down.

I looked a the diagnostic reading for the lean angel switch and it reads 0.6, the normal range is 0.4-1.4 while the bike is upright. I then tried to clear the error codes but I can not clear them. In diagnostic mode, I flipped the stop engine switch to run, wait 5 seconds, then switch it off, and nothing is cleared. I've pressed all buttons and nothing seems to clear the codes.

I ended up replacing the lean angel switch thinking it might help, it did not fix it and I still can not clear the codes. The bike will not run when error code 30 is present.

Any help or suggestions on what to do to clear the error codes is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!!
ettl0006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2019, 01:08 PM   #2 (permalink)

Thumbs up

Based on your OP, and trouble shooting, it's obvious that the issue isn't the LAS (lean angle sensor) and that this is a random array created from another non related issue.
The Yami diagnostic isn't always true to form as can be seen here. Removing the battery ground cable for several minutes is an option but imho not a solution.

Since the engine cranks over there is no need to validate the pre-start interlocks which should make the task easier. I'm going to assume the fuel pump primes momentarily and the tach & speedo boot which confirms it's not a fuse.

If so I would check for spark and report back here. It's very likely your issue could be the Relay Unit or accompanying wiring.
gl

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Starting System
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&

&

alanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 12:16 PM   #3 (permalink)

Yeah you could always try the the old school method of disconnecting the battery for a bit.
Heftysmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > Technical Discussion