Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums (https://www.rswarrior.com/forums/)
-   Technical Discussion (https://www.rswarrior.com/forums/13-technical-discussion/)
-   -   Exhaust Stud, Nut and Bolt specs? (https://www.rswarrior.com/forums/13-technical-discussion/306172-exhaust-stud-nut-bolt-specs.html)

rij1 10-09-2019 08:52 PM

Exhaust Stud, Nut and Bolt specs?

3 Attachment(s)
Anyone know the specs for the exhaust Studs, Nuts and Hex bolts? I have the part number but the cost is crazy. It's cheaper too get them at a store.

Or does anyone know the Yamaha repair kit for them(I had the part number for the kit but can't seem to find it)

JV_Warrior 10-09-2019 08:58 PM

Be super careful putting the studs in the engine. Broke one off in my motor and had to have it taken out professionally. Hopefully getting my bike back tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KDP Motorsports 10-09-2019 09:11 PM

McMaster Carr supply

8mm x 1.25 x 50mm long SS and flanged nuts also SS

Site wouldn't let me send link PM me and I will give it to you.

Sandytows 10-09-2019 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JV_Warrior (Post 3870812)
Be super careful putting the studs in the engine. Broke one off in my motor and had to have it taken out professionally. Hopefully getting my bike back tomorrow.

Roger that. I had a broken stud in the rear jug. Had to take the head off to drill it out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

JV_Warrior 10-09-2019 11:03 PM

Mine was the front right stud. The one that is directly in line with the frame. Tried drilling it and made it worse. Took the guy getting it out a couple days to figure out how he was going to get it. He welded to it and kept breaking his welds. Didnít hear yet how he finally got it. Lesson learned!

freeezzzz 10-10-2019 11:26 AM

Yes, it 8x1.25 and 50mm long.

Tried to use stainless steel bolts. Broke 2 out of 4. One on each cylinder. On one, I managed to unscrew it by hammering a torx bit into it. Just in front of the frame. That was lucky.

On the second, I was possible to remove the receiving part of the tube by unscrewing it from the cylinder and the bolt was brutally drilled.

Now I do not use stainless bolts or bolts from solid types of steel. Now I use studs, as installed at the factory and copper / bronze nuts on one cylinder, and ordinary steel screws on the second cylinder.

rij1 10-14-2019 07:22 PM

I think I'm going to stick with the OEM Studs, Nuts and Bolts unless there's better ones recommended?

JV_Warrior 10-14-2019 08:11 PM

OEM on partszilla isnít to hateful on price. But if you can find steel ones over aluminum I would.

rij1 10-14-2019 09:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ehh, I went with OEM.

arizonawarrior 10-14-2019 10:25 PM

Might as well, right.