QDC Replacement (Dry Break) - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2019, 10:41 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default QDC Replacement (Dry Break)

I have a leaky QDC (left side) and having trouble finding a replacement. What is the best Quick Disconnect Replacement for the left side fuel line? Appreciate any responses.
majorvices is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2019, 10:46 AM   #2 (permalink)

You can try a little WD40 sprayed in the fitting and see if that helps. If not, there are a couple of options. Replace with factory fittings.
Also, you could do a left side clean up type line. Do a search for left side clean up and you will find plenty of info. Bryanmcmeekin did a nice video and list all the parts needed.
https://youtu.be/NYz43hYNAng

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
i-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 09:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Moderator

You have a 2002 Warrior, right?
In addition to I-man's contribution, there is a thread around here titled something like 'if your Warrior sprung a fuel leak' and imo you should review the ENTIRE THREAD because new bits were constantly added.

The old Popular Mods thread is these days full of broken links, but a lot of info was hard-written into the thread. Check out by scrolling down to 'fuel' section. There are DRY BREAK sections for stock/oem plus aftermarket with part numbers.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by arizonawarrior; 10-15-2019 at 09:37 PM.
arizonawarrior is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-15-2019, 10:10 PM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks David! Hey, to add to that video, you can also run a straight line and use vice grips to kink it when removing the tank, or other options like jiffy tite for the quick release. I went with vibrant performance, but they're pricy.
Bryanmcmeekin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 10:12 PM   #5 (permalink)

Also some one is parting out a warrior
They most likely have the Drybreak...
I believe it's from a newer WARRIOR..
Check the Classified section

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk
Desertboy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 08:31 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanmcmeekin View Post
Thanks David! Hey, to add to that video, you can also run a straight line and use vice grips to kink it when removing the tank, or other options like jiffy tite for the quick release. I went with vibrant performance, but they're pricy.
I am actually considering going to a straight line over the winter. I already have the braided hose, so it's just a decision now.
One thing I will add is that if you go to straight line, especially if it's braided, use a line clamp tool instead of vice grips. A lot less likely to damage the braided sleeve over the hose.
I have a set like these.
https://www.amazon.com/Clamps-Flexib.../dp/B07LB1SH6S
i-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 11:03 AM   #7 (permalink)

I had leak from the rear dry brake a couple months ago, a forum member recommended spraying WD40 in the fitting first rather than replacing it and it worked like a charm. I've removed my tank a number of times since and have had zero issues with the dry brake not performing as expected.
Zmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 12:02 PM   #8 (permalink)
Super Moderator

If you use a straight line you will loose potentially all your fuel every time. At least install an off valve. But a dry break is far superior.

Some breaks are not dry. It needs to be valved on both halves to be dry. Many are valved on only one side. Messy and inconvenient. No better than a manual off valve.

arizonawarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 01:32 PM   #9 (permalink)

I did not want to be stingy and choosed Jiffy Tite))) It's worth it! It are jewelry level, high-quality, reliable, beautiful!
freeezzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > Technical Discussion