Is my belt worn out? - Page 2 - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2019, 06:44 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by strud View Post
Unless your doing burnouts, a belt should last a long time. Overtension is the enemy of belts. Mine has 60,000km on it and still good
that's 2000 km more than mine lasted... i'd get a spare one just in case if i were you.. while you still have the luxury to go shopping for one.
PeterSik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2019, 03:49 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterSik View Post
that's 2000 km more than mine lasted... i'd get a spare one just in case if i were you.. while you still have the luxury to go shopping for one.
Yes, I have a low km one as spare on my wall, keeping a close eye on the original.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The shortest distance between two points is for people that don't ride warriors
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
strud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 08:28 AM   #13 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Any pics on the abrasive material, and the metal washer, the shop found inside the front pulley cover?

arizonawarrior is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-15-2019, 11:06 AM   #14 (permalink)

I had a case. One ******* didn't tighten my rear wing mount. When I got off the bike near the house, I noticed that the passenger's sit hangs with the rear wing. I took off the saddle and saw that the rear wing mount barely held. On one side, both screws were not tightened. One nut tore off and it was not in place. The screw would also be lost, it was skewed in the fasteners and it was half sticking out.

I found the wing mounting nut later when I checked and cleaned the drive pulley. The nut was under the second slider under the belt. Nothing was damaged, I was lucky. I think the nut fell on the belt and it threw this nut into the drive pulley case. If it was stayed on top of the belt and got stuck at the upper slider, I think this had made affect the integrity and condition of the belt. It could be thrown inside the belt, and then she would damage the driven pulley. But those time I got lucky.

The thought is this: either something rubbed the belt from the side of the driven pulley, licence plate mount for example. Or from the side of the driving pulley, but this was supposed to get stuck on top of side of belt near the sliders. Take a photo inside the drive pulley housing.

Last edited by freeezzzz; 11-15-2019 at 12:22 PM.
freeezzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 09:23 PM   #15 (permalink)

Sorry no pics of abrasion material...gray harder than a sponge type but see how it could have been sucked up in there.
Puff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 06:00 AM   #16 (permalink)

Default 214 Bugs

for a belt? hmmm
Marcel_Mentele is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > Technical Discussion