Is my belt worn out? - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2019, 07:32 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Is my belt worn out?

Just was inspecting the bike for upcoming Bike week and noticed the belt has a groove worn on right side edge and can see some fiber strings. To does not look normal and or needs replace. 3600 miles on the bike. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20191101_180021_1572647487960.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	120.2 KB
ID:	218424   Click image for larger version

Name:	20191101_180030_1572647504114.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	218426  
Puff is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2019, 07:40 PM   #2 (permalink)

The problem is not in the belt, the problem is what damaged it. Look for the cause of this damage. Remove the drive pulley cover. It is simple, only 6 screws. And look what's there.
freeezzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 08:19 PM   #3 (permalink)

Location: From Whittier,California Live in Ventura,California

Not warn but damaged.
It's possible to last a long time still if your not launching allot but you'll have to find out what caused that.

How loose is your belt? It could be rubbing on the case while loaded moving down the road.

Do you have a 33T pulley and the Nylon rollers are still installed? It could be rubbing on them.

Is your belt guard clear of the belt?

Take a pic down the belt like in my my last photo.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2002 XV1700 Roadstar Warrior
My Mods
Cobra Fi2000 PowrPro with CVT(Non-Black)
Bub Chambermaids
Big City Thunders - Thunder Monster Baffles

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Riding On the Darkside #2 (235/45/ZR17 BFGoodrich G-Force Comp-2 A/S)

Rudy Jeremias
(562)303-6036
rij1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-01-2019, 09:06 PM   #4 (permalink)

Wow...thanks for the help everyone....will do that first thing ....keep you posted.
Old 11-02-2019, 03:45 PM   #5 (permalink)

Ordered new belt today $214...3-5biz days delivery...having my local do the install as I am not equipped...thinks it might be aligned off....just from discussion....they did install 2 new tires and pretty sure belt was fine then...butnot sure...cant think I would not have changed it if it was worn. Anyways...I also was informed the there is a coil recall from yamaha on our bikes. Coil that controls something to do with spark plugs....well that will be done on Yamahas dime...I will post the exact part once I get the bike back and recall info
Old 11-04-2019, 12:18 PM   #6 (permalink)

I am pretty sure there isn't a coil recall for the Warrior. I have yet to hear of this maybe the Roadstar 1700 but not the Warrior. If I am wrong please let us know as there will be plenty interest in this news.
Heftysmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 12:49 PM   #7 (permalink)

It's the CPS often referred to as Pick-Up Coil

- Starting System
&

&

alanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 05:02 PM   #8 (permalink)

Unless your doing burnouts, a belt should last a long time. Overtension is the enemy of belts. Mine has 60,000km on it and still good

The shortest distance between two points is for people that don't ride warriors
strud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 05:48 PM   #9 (permalink)

You can see the groove that is worn in the right side...will figure out what was causing it and let you all know. As for the recall when the service manager at Sarasota Powersports Yamaha pulled up my bike for parts he got a notification window that popped up and told him of the recall. Having the could shipped and installed on same day as belt. Keep ya posted
Old Yesterday, 12:48 PM   #10 (permalink)

So it seems the culprit was a sponge/scouring pad like material that got sucked up in the chamber....also a washer was inside the case...not sure how that happened....button further investigation found a missing frame hole just above the whole housing. Uggg...so ordered a new one....don't know how I didn't notice that missing.pich get up next week then will post about coil and part recall
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > Technical Discussion