Took a fall, gears not shifting - Page 2 - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2019, 07:12 PM   #11 (permalink)

According to the pictures I thin the axle is slightly bent and having a hard time rotating in the bunching.
If that's the case... Dismantle it an see if its bent, or just try with to grease it with some oil and see if it works the same.

Skickat från min SM-G955F via Tapatalk
Pecman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2019, 07:15 PM   #12 (permalink)

That is where I think the problem is.

Skickat från min SM-G955F via Tapatalk
Pecman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 07:34 PM   #13 (permalink)

I'm in San Jose

Thanks for posting the pics for me rij1
There is actually a weird noise when I rev the engine, starts to appear around 2kish or with enough vibration?

I uploaded a video from my phone on youtube, sorry I can't directly link again

youtube.com/watch?v=bPZQDidsqbE
sound appears at 0:14

Will check that location out Pecman.

Thank you guys for all your help!
mbola is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-06-2019, 07:46 PM   #14 (permalink)

Location: From Whittier,California Live in Ventura,California

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbola View Post
I'm in San Jose

Thanks for posting the pics for me rij1
There is actually a weird noise when I rev the engine, starts to appear around 2kish or with enough vibration?

I uploaded a video from my phone on youtube, sorry I can't directly link again

youtube.com/watch?v=bPZQDidsqbE
sound appears at 0:14

Will check that location out Pecman.

Thank you guys for all your help!
Sounds like something is bent as I mentioned earlier.
That rattle sound may go away if you pull the clutch lever as it kinda sounds like it's about to go into gear or if it's dragging a gear a bit.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2002 XV1700 Roadstar Warrior
My Mods
Cobra Fi2000 PowrPro with CVT(Non-Black)
Speedstar Gen2 Exhaust

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Riding On the Darkside #2 (235/45/ZR17 BFGoodrich G-Force Comp-2 A/S)

Rudy Jeremias
(562)303-6036
rij1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 08:04 PM   #15 (permalink)
Super Moderator

What he (earlier) meant to say was the Warrior's transmission is integrated into the motor. The cross shaft travels from the foot brake pedal to the motor side case where the transmission gears and dogs etc live. When the bike fell over it may have jarred the foot rest where the shifter lives. It could have moved something out of alignment. Or it could have pushed the transmission shift shaft 'in' at the motor side cover. Plus it could have rotated the connecting link points, like at the motor housing or on the foot rest shift linkage.

If it were me I would document in pics before and during disassembly. I would also investigate the handlebar clutch lever and cables and the push/pull lever on the motor clutch case.

Last edited by arizonawarrior; 11-06-2019 at 08:08 PM.
arizonawarrior is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 08:59 PM   #16 (permalink)

Hey guys just wanted to say thanks again for all the help, its very much appreciated! I unfortunately have to head to work so I am going to look at what Pecman said, investigate the stuff arizonawarrior has said to look at and then that encircled portion on the diagram rij1 has posted (going to see if I can get a friend to help out) over the next few days / weekend when I am not at work
Old 11-07-2019, 11:07 AM   #17 (permalink)

I had some issues a few years ago when something fell on the bike over the winter in storage. When I initially looked things over, nothing appeared to be damaged, when I started it up in the spring I had a horrible time trying to shift it up/down and couldn't find N to save my life. I thought something major was wrong but fiddled with the clutch adjustments on the handlebars instead as they were a bit loose, that fixed everything and haven't had an issue since. Maybe give that a look and make sure your clutch is adjusted properly at the handlebars as that's also on the left side and could've gotten jostled. I'm all about looking at the easiest thing to fix first!
Zmann is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 09:39 PM   #18 (permalink)

Thanks for the info Zmann, same I start with the easy stuff first! I will pay close attention to the clutch adjustments.

I'm trying to wait on looking at the shift shaft since it looks like I have to drain the engine oil according the service manual (page 370/371)
Old 11-08-2019, 03:45 AM   #19 (permalink)

Location: From Whittier,California Live in Ventura,California

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbola View Post
I'm trying to wait on looking at the shift shaft since it looks like I have to drain the engine oil according the service manual (page 370/371)
Not necessarily. You can lean the bike over to t he right against something strong and oil won't drain out much at all. But you may need a gasket and if you have to remove the old one it may take some time.
If you have to open the clutch cover and to have more of a purpose I would look into the Barnett pressure plate and Or the 2 or 3 full friction plate mod.

How far did your shift lever move into the bike when it bent?
I'm not sure as the angle of the pic but maybe th he shift linkage is hitting the emissions canister and not allowing to drop into 1st?

2002 XV1700 Roadstar Warrior
My Mods
Cobra Fi2000 PowrPro with CVT(Non-Black)
Speedstar Gen2 Exhaust

Riding On the Darkside #2 (235/45/ZR17 BFGoodrich G-Force Comp-2 A/S)

Rudy Jeremias
(562)303-6036
rij1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 04:07 AM   #20 (permalink)

Welcome to the brotherhood and the best warrior forum.
Sorry to hear about your fall but you have some of the best guys helping you out.

Shadow Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > Technical Discussion