Patrick Racing Swing Arm info - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2019, 11:46 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Patrick Racing Swing Arm info

I found one of, what I was told from Patrick Racing, is 2 Patrick racing Swing arms! I was informed they made one for each of their drag bikes in 2002. Then after they quit racing Warriors they parted them out.
I wanted to make a thread dedicated to it so others have the info for years to come.

The swing arm is a stock Warrior arm that they modified. They added 3 inches to the length. Then they cut off all the tabs and filled all the threaded holes in the swing arm.

Then the really cool part is they added a plate on the bottom with 2 threaded ports. This is because the swing arm is now airtight and they would use this as the air tank to run their air shifter on their drag bike

That about does it. Its a really cool and rare part of the Warrior history!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PB220734.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	216.1 KB
ID:	218692   Click image for larger version

Name:	PB220732.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	180.7 KB
ID:	218694   Click image for larger version

Name:	PB220731.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	262.9 KB
ID:	218696   Click image for larger version

Name:	PB210722.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	175.3 KB
ID:	218698   Click image for larger version

Name:	PB210718.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	190.5 KB
ID:	218700  

Click image for larger version

Name:	PB210717.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	199.8 KB
ID:	218702   Click image for larger version

Name:	PB210719.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	243.3 KB
ID:	218704   Click image for larger version

Name:	PB210720.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	192.0 KB
ID:	218706  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
milkman672042000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2019, 11:59 PM   #2 (permalink)

How did you come across that beauty?!!

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk
Rdubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 12:03 AM   #3 (permalink)

That's an awesome piece. Was cool before, but knowing some of the other stuff about it definitely makes it cooler.
Bryanmcmeekin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-23-2019, 12:59 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdubu View Post
How did you come across that beauty?!!

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk
Pure dumb luck.
A kid here had the bike for sale for $2700 but he had wrecked it, I think while burning out. Then he managed to blow up the ECU. He wouldn't let me try to start the bike so I backed out of the deal. Then a month later it was for $2,000. So I agreed to come look at the bike.

He was a young guy and didnt do any of the mods, other than spray painting everything... I wasnt sure it had the internal work done he claimed as it wouldnt start due to the ecu issue. But when I saw the swing arm I figured that the previous owner probably had done the internals to match that swing arm.

I got the bike and got it running and drove it around the block. Holly heck did it go! I still dont know what the internals are as far as bore kit or cam but it isnt stock I know that!

Now I am trying to put the suspension to stock, since I am not a drag racer, and then I have plans for the bike, to be revealed in another thread.

Old 11-23-2019, 01:02 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanmcmeekin View Post
That's an awesome piece. Was cool before, but knowing some of the other stuff about it definitely makes it cooler.
I thought the same to. When I saw it I knew it was rare but had no idea how rare. Then when I got to looking at it and got in contact with Patrick Racing I realized how cool and rare it is.

In the next few weeks the whole set up I took off the rear end will be for sale. Not sure on a price, trying to figure that out. I am not a racer and this deserves to be on a bike and appreciated not collecting dust in my garage. I know I wont ever use it so I am hoping it will go to someone that will.

Old 11-25-2019, 02:44 PM   #6 (permalink)

I am talking with the guys at Patrick Racing about this swing arm and whats going on.

They said that 4 bikes existed. 2 that they raced and 2 that were used as displays. 1 of their race bikes was sold to a friend in Sweden. The second race bike they still have and plan to sell early next year!

The 2 display models one was sold to a friend that raced it at Bonneville and the other was sent to Yamaha and they have no idea what happened to that bike.

But the swing arm I have was their first edition. They ran it a while then came up with something different and this swing arm would of been on one of the display bikes.

I am talking with them to see if they have any way to identify those bikes, vin or anything.

Old 11-25-2019, 06:36 PM   #7 (permalink)

One of the arms was on a bike here in TN the owner was a member here do not recall his handle. Last I heard he crashed @ the Dragon & was injured I think he offed the bike & he disappeared. Time frame around '08 - '09.
Forum member #113

Brother of the Wind

All things great & small should be horizontal or perpendicular to the center line of the earth.

Churchkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 06:56 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Churchkey View Post
One of the arms was on a bike here in TN the owner was a member here do not recall his handle. Last I heard he crashed @ the Dragon & was injured I think he offed the bike & he disappeared. Time frame around '08 - '09.
I have a feeling that is this bike. The carfax says it was registered in Tennessee in 2004. Then wrecked in North Carolina in 2008. Then it was moved to Kansas in 2012 and wrecked again in 2014. Then recently the kid bougt it from wrecked in while doing a burnout.

What I am wondering though is its a 2002 that wasnt registered until 2004. Would be interesting if it ended up being one of the bikes that Patrick Racing made. All I know is it has some sort of internal mods and it ridiculously powerful and having the hard tail extended swing arm on it makes it a real pain to turn.

Old 11-25-2019, 08:27 PM   #9 (permalink)

milkman , I find this thread interesting and the other You originally started .. I am curious as to what fuel injectors are in the bike and what are the the numbers on the ECU that got fried ... I'm not positive but I think Patrick Racing used some Speed Star parts when they built some of their bikes .. Stock injectors are Yellow and Speed Star are Grey .. The Speed Star ECU # usually (if not always ) starts with 72-5PX-70 ....
Racerxjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 09:00 PM   #10 (permalink)

I wonder which one they ran the carburetor on. I think it was the fastest one they had.

Good to see you still on here Racerxjim. Hope you and your's are doing good. Say hello to your Dad for me.

Gilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > Technical Discussion