Tricky Air + Baron Lowering Links - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2019, 07:21 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Tricky Air + Baron Lowering Links

Hi!

I think I need a little help here as I`m stuck. I was searching for some photos of the tricky air + baron lowering links setup but have no luck to find it out.
I have a problem with clearance between cylinder tube and hex shaft / nut which are almost rubbing each other. Did I miss something? I check the manual from Baron and hex shaft orientation is OK. I know that a lot o people are using the lowing links to prevent air suspension from bottoming and as default I goes with this idea.

Can you share some advice as I believe the distance between hex shaft and air cylinder is too small for my taste.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	277.2 KB
ID:	218940   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	127.9 KB
ID:	218942   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	218944   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	218946  
setu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2019, 08:12 PM   #2 (permalink)

I had the same problem. My solution and one I recommend is to use the stock links and contact tricky air ride and they will make you a spacer that attaches to the air ride cylinder that prevents tire contact at full drop. The spacer costs around $60 and they make it custom for the tire size you run. The spacer doesn't limit the travel distance. Best part is you can sell the adjustable links for more than what it costs for the spacer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
You can be anything you want on the internet, Strange so many people choose to be stupid. -Mark Twain-

Last edited by madtom421; 12-19-2019 at 08:16 PM.
madtom421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 05:28 PM   #3 (permalink)

Hi, thank you for your reply! I spoke with Tricky Air few minutes ago and its exactly as you described. I have to finish up the fender install the stock links and setup the clerance between fender and tyre I want, than measure the piece of piston which is out of cylinder. Then i will order the exact spacer 🙂 simply as that 🙂

Thanks!
Marcin.

Old 12-20-2019, 06:27 PM   #4 (permalink)

Awesome, take some pics when your all done. That spacer has saved my butt 2 times already due to a leaking fitting I have to replace.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
You can be anything you want on the internet, Strange so many people choose to be stupid. -Mark Twain-
Old 12-20-2019, 07:00 PM   #5 (permalink)

Hi, I have a one question, from which side this spacer will come over? From the piston where is the hook or the bottom where are the screws?

I had no chance to see how it actually looks like and I can imagine that spacer what we are talking about is a compete bottom cup but just extended / higher for a desired length? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thank you!
Old 12-20-2019, 07:34 PM   #6 (permalink)

the spacer is just a thick plate of aluminum that sandwiches on the end where the screws are, It should also come with the longer screws to attach it. Increasing the length of the shock a 1/2 " or so and that changes the geometry enough to not have it touch at full drop. I only had to tell them the tire I was using (metz260), maybe they already knew the specs needed so can't help with how to measure.

Old 12-20-2019, 07:39 PM   #7 (permalink)

Ok, great now all is clear! Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > Technical Discussion