Turbo Warrior Project in Finland - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2019, 02:04 PM   #1 (permalink)

So i have started my turbo project. Not much welding to do for header, couple of hours... Today i tested intercooler how it fits. I think it will look awesome when painted black
What do you think?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-12-27 17.09.59.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	164.5 KB
ID:	219122   Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-12-27 19.46.06.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	169.9 KB
ID:	219124   Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-12-27 19.54.48.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	152.7 KB
ID:	219126  
KeviKoni is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2019, 05:06 AM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Post copied into its own thread where it will be seen. This should be fun to watch!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

arizonawarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 08:27 AM   #3 (permalink)

Not a big fan of the seat. Like the rest, and wow, what are those front and rear calipers?????. Lets watch and see what the end product of this project ends up. We have a few warriors that have done this before. it goes like the 'cleppers' as we say here (translation: it kicks arse). Good luck and keep us updated

Dutch
NL_NZ_SA_AU
Flyingdutchman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-28-2019, 09:35 AM   #4 (permalink)

I started to shave that seat. Thats why it dont have any leather on it Plan is to get it covered with different style leather. Maybe diamond stitch.
Look my bike info site for brakes. I listed all mods there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingdutchman View Post
Not a big fan of the seat. Like the rest, and wow, what are those front and rear calipers?????. Lets watch and see what the end product of this project ends up. We have a few warriors that have done this before. it goes like the 'cleppers' as we say here (translation: it kicks arse). Good luck and keep us updated

Dutch
Old 12-28-2019, 10:10 AM   #5 (permalink)

I am digging it. The bike already looks like it could get a speeding ticket while sitting at a red light. That is a compliment my brother.
jabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 03:37 PM   #6 (permalink)

My God man, what an incredible looking RSW! The install is clean and compliments the bike! Keep us posted on your build as I can't wait to see the end result, although getting there IS the journey my friend. All I got is WOW!!
Rg
InfidelXV1700pcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 11:51 AM   #7 (permalink)

Great looking bike. How's that wide tire handle the snow?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
2007 Graphite/Silver, Churchkey Vbak, Samson StreetSweepers w/ Big City Thunder baffles, AIS Delete, Akitadog coil plate, LCV delete, DynaCoils under tank, Ivans ECU Flash, PCV with Ivans Map, Left side cleanup, Right side horn brake cleanup, 3-full plate clutch mod, BArnett Clutch, Pulley change 33/68, Cyclops 3800 headlight
LOTS of Chrome!

Sandytows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 04:44 AM   #8 (permalink)

Looks pretty slick.
But i think the gap between the cooler and the fender on the front might be a little too narrow....
If the front dives in maybe the fender will hit the cooler...?

HarryMarsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 11:17 AM   #9 (permalink)

looking good. HarryMarsch has a good point . You need to test it with the handlebars turned all the way to one side and then the other making sure that your forks bottom out to make sure that there is enough clearance, You may have to remove your chin spoiler and put the intercooler lower. I made a noce chin spoiler for a VROD once that looked great and worked fine until he hit the brakes and turned the handlebars the front fender then hit the spoiler and from the looks of your pictures I think you could have an interference problem.

Christo K
Mold your dreams into reality

christok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 04:47 PM   #10 (permalink)

Thank you guys for all the comments Today i finished my header, first time tig welding header, only had done some minor weldings before. So im pretty happy with my weldings.
Next thing is paint it with vht black and wrap it with black.

I plan to turn my wastegate lever 90 degrees so i can put my wastegate actuator pointin up behind turbo.

I bought that intercooler becouse it had 50mm core. It dont hit the tire when i turn handlebars. Only thing worries me is the suspension travel. Maybe i need to stiffen up those r1 forks. Or fork extend?

Here are some pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200102_215402.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	210.0 KB
ID:	219156   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200102_215144.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	239.8 KB
ID:	219158   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200102_214340.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	247.5 KB
ID:	219160   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200102_214235.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	239.3 KB
ID:	219162  

Last edited by KeviKoni; 01-02-2020 at 05:41 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > Technical Discussion