Rotor cover removal? - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2019, 04:23 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Rotor cover removal?

I uno if i misheard this but is the rear wheel rotor cover removable to open things up?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20191230_151956_1577737362360.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	119.9 KB
ID:	219142  
Petes02warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2019, 04:36 PM   #2 (permalink)

Yes however the shoulder on the rear rotor bolts will now be to long to reuse them you will need either front rotor bolts or do what I did & add stainless steel washers to the original bolts.
Forum member #113

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Brother of the Wind

All things great & small should be horizontal or perpendicular to the center line of the earth.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Churchkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 04:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Moderator

That is a supposed heat-sink to disperse rotor heat, but many have removed it. A search will yield the needed shorter fastener if removed.

Adding: stock rear bolts are part number 90109-06049 but because its a shoulder bolt the part number is unlikely to code the bolt dimensions so you would need to remove to match, or buy fronts (90109-064G6). Notice the stock front bolts have a small shoulder to match the rotor mount holes. I presume its a match to the back bolt shoulder diameter since others have used them in this mod. Separate from that, I do not know what size stainless washers have been used by others here to make-up the distance needed in order to re-use the rear bolts without the cover. I see Church posted a moment before my original post. Great info.

Last edited by arizonawarrior; 12-30-2019 at 06:14 PM.
arizonawarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > Technical Discussion