RS Warrior Forum banner

Gas Cap 101 - Warrior - How to Assemble

13K views 19 replies 18 participants last post by  Ringo72 
#1 · (Edited)
Slideshow presentation of a disassembled stock Warrior cap being assembled and my tools of choice.

I didn't remove the Spring Latch and 2-split roll pins that retain the cap & outer aluminum body or the small key interlock tab and fine spring. These parts are visible except for the fine spring which resides under the interlock tab.

The photos are undocumented
You might note that i identified the key cylinder radial position for easier assembly.

You can exit the slideshow at any time and review the photos in a higher resolution if you want. They were taken in macro mode and show lots of detail

I hope the enclosed will be a useful tool for some of your questions if you attempt this task

Gas Cap Components

See less See more
#4 ·
quote:

Originally posted by 357WARRIOR

Glad you decided to do this.........hope it answers everyones questions on how to work on the gas cap.[
][
]

Chris, thanks .... i wish you or 3youngns were here to show how easy it is to remove the 2-split roll pins [
][8D][
]

#7 ·
Many thanks Alan, as you know I am one of the knuckle heads that messed up his roll pins and then pm'ed for help.[:I] Maybe this will help others trying to mod there gas cap. [^]

Who started this whole polishing the gascap craze anyhow[?]

#16 ·
Alan, thank you for your How-to. Helped me today when I was putting my cap back together after polishing.[^]

But my life isn't that simple so as I was installing the cap on the tank I dropped the small set allen screw inside the tank[:0][/emoticons/emotion-6.gif!] I had thought about putting a rag in the hole[V] **** I learn evrything the hard way.

Took probably an hour to remove the tank, drain, remove front fuel line, finish draining, get screw to the hole, reach in with small needle nose pliers. What a dumbass I felt like. My son who was helping me found humor in it though.

All worked out in the end but could have been prevented by a simple rag.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.