My version of the left side clean up. - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2010, 10:03 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default My version of the left side clean up.

I wanted to fit the FPR under the tank, but due to having a Churchkey VBAK and coils relocated, there wasn't much space under there!

I made a bracket that placed the FPR between the frame rail and the rear air filter.

The bracket is bolted through the frame and access for the nuts isavailable though the hole on the lower part of the frame rail.

It has been well documented previously, that the FI hose must clear the throttle linkage.

This was achieved by setting the length of the hose so that there was downward pressure causing a bend that curved around the linkage.

I added the stock spring to the hose for added protection.

The finished FPR squeezed in there nicely!

Next job was the trim the engine mount.

I drilled and cut the bracket as below.

I finished the job by installing a colder dry break. (Supplied by Mudfreak).

The fuel hose runs behind the engine bracket, then the dry break is in line. The hose then runs back up to the frame and through the panel into the lower tank. I fitted a rubber "bumper" to the dry break - just in case it touched the valve cover - although the hose is quite sturdy and the dry break doesn't appear to move.
Running the line behind the mount makes everything look much better IMO.

UPDATE There has been much talk over the years about the route of the fuel line limiting the capacity of the tank when doing this mod.
I did not experience any difference - maybe because I was careful to ensure a good straight run, which also caused no damage to the hose.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4VBAK.JPG
Views:	367
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	189097   Click image for larger version

Name:	a-notmuchroomundertherefortheFPRSma.JPG
Views:	352
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	189105   Click image for larger version

Name:	c-FPRbktpaintedSmall.JPG
Views:	309
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	189121   Click image for larger version

Name:	d-FPRreadytofitSmall.JPG
Views:	310
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	189129   Click image for larger version

Name:	f-important-fuelline-throttlecleara.JPG
Views:	323
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	189137  

Click image for larger version

Name:	e-bracketboltedthroughframeSmall.JPG
Views:	292
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	189145   Click image for larger version

Name:	g-FPRcompletedSmall.JPG
Views:	306
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	189153   Click image for larger version

Name:	1a-stockmountcutsSmall.JPG
Views:	269
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	189161   Click image for larger version

Name:	1c-above.JPG
Views:	275
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	189169   Click image for larger version

Name:	Leftside.JPG
Views:	348
Size:	189.8 KB
ID:	189177  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"The minute you settle for less than you deserve, you get even less than you settled for"

Last edited by jarv; 09-30-2017 at 06:18 PM. Reason: photos added
jarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2010, 12:21 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: My version of the left side clean up.

Your engine mount and dry breakare almost identical to the way I did mine except my dry break is forward of the engine mount. I agree, nice and clean. I much prefer this tohaving the hose outside the mount

Everything looks a bit better and your problems don't seem quite so bad from the saddle of a bike! - Jack Conrad

oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 12:28 AM   #3 (permalink)

Perfer my gas line on the outside of the bracket also. Plus some have had problems getting the last 1/2 gal of gas, out of the main tank, using a similar fuel line route.
Dice is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-14-2010, 05:25 AM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to tomba

JJ...'He reallyIS the bracket man'...[my version from the Dune....lol] - that bend in the fpr bracket [how the ****!?].....sheesh...lovely pictures!! [i have stolen them!]

i'm hoping your not 'dicing' with that last half gallon ...we need to stop every 100 miles as it is, onroute to germany!?..lol....so get testing 'before' you leave for the ACE!!

Now my question for real...have youtidied that side to place something their...[something 'fiesty' maybe...lol]...what was i told ...'just tinkering'

WARRIOR - OIL CHECK VIDEO
tomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 09:24 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dice

Perfer my gas line on the outside of the bracket also. Plus some have had problems getting the last 1/2 gal of gas, out of the main tank, using a similar fuel line route.
I gave that some serious thought... I know that it has been an issue in the past, but the hose is pretty low at the bracket point - so I'll just have to see how it goes.. . fingers crossed.

Definately can't afford to shorten the milage more than it already is eh?

"The minute you settle for less than you deserve, you get even less than you settled for"
jarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 09:54 AM   #6 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Beautiful work. Does that beautiful FPR mount get in the way of some service area or is everything below it accessible without removing the bracket? Since your fuel line runs low below the frame rail the odds are your fuel delivery will still empty the tank. It appears you hit it at just the right spot, I'll keep an eye out for your comment once you've emptied a main tank or two!

That's a sweet looking clean-up Jarv!

Last edited by arizonawarrior; 06-15-2011 at 02:45 PM. Reason: Migration Reformat
arizonawarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 10:35 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarv
I gave that some serious thought... I know that it has been an issue in the past, but the hose is pretty low at the bracket point - so I'll just have to see how it goes.. . fingers crossed.

Mine has been back there for years without any problems.

Everything looks a bit better and your problems don't seem quite so bad from the saddle of a bike! - Jack Conrad

oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 11:19 AM   #8 (permalink)

Nice work.
Crown Custom Conversions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 12:15 PM   #9 (permalink)
Gav

Excellent job there Jarv. That FPR bracket works a dream. I have the one you kindly made for me in a slightly different position to yours. You should start producing them for the members here. It makes the whole job for positioning a lot easier, and looks like a Yamaha part too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dice

I chose the outside of engine bracket for my latestmod,with the dry break as well Dice. Jarv's fuelline levelshouldn't be affected by the way he has done his. The original Yam set up for the rear hose goes just as high, as you can see from the pic.

Gav.
Gav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 12:34 PM   #10 (permalink)

OK Jack and Jarv no one told me about putting the line behind the mount,The air must be good up there in Ireland. Keep em coming guys,lol

I'm a fan........

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldMan

Your engine mount and dry breakare almost identical to the way I did mine except my dry break is forward of the engine mount. I agree, nice and clean. I much prefer this tohaving the hose outside the mount

My/04 Warrior
I once prayed to god for a bike, but quickly found out he didnt work that way...so I stole a bike and prayed for his forgiveness
rubberface49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > Installed Warrior Modifications and accessories