polishing wheel lips - Page 3 - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2011, 03:22 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 377Pony View Post
Don't flatter yourself. Instead work on keeping your new warrior out of the front left fender of saturns.
Speaking of polished lips...FYM

Sorry, I had too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Don't touch that please, your primitive intellect wouldn't understand alloys and compositions and things with... molecular structures.
HURD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2011, 03:23 PM   #22 (permalink)

If we weren't waiting on you and your "half over throttle" we would have already been on the parkway long before the old man in the saturn did his ill deed! FYM!
yodie001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 03:25 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurd View Post
speaking of polished lips...fym

Sorry, i had too.
lmfao...nice!
yodie001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-27-2011, 12:25 PM   #24 (permalink)

Default my version of polished rims.

I decided to move slightly from the "full midnight" look.
So this season I have added a few chrome and polished parts.
I wanted to "brighten up" my wheels, so decided to polish the rims.
I wanted to keep the "midnight" style red stripes too.
Here's a few pics of my new look 5 spokes.

First job....I made a stand to allow me to work on and paint the wheels without damaging the rim edges.
I wanted it to be easily dismantled for storage.

The crossmember can be modified to hold other parts for painting if needed.

When it came to the wet and dry polishing, the stand proved to be really usefull.

I drilled the tubes 20mm from the ends and used "R" clips to retain the wheels. (not shown here).

Wheels stripped, cleaned, polished and masked... time taken around 15 hours!

Painted with 3 coats of etch primer, then 3 coats of 2k black with 10% blue added.

Finished wheels.

A lot of work - not one of my most "enjoyed" mods... but I'm pleased with the outcome.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"The minute you settle for less than you deserve, you get even less than you settled for"
jarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 12:56 PM   #25 (permalink)

I was going to do this but decided I've had enought polishing for one winter There is always next year Nice set up Jarv. I just painted my wheels black too. Same kind of set up, but our setup hung from the ceiling. I doo love your wheels though homie! Cheers!

Don't touch that please, your primitive intellect wouldn't understand alloys and compositions and things with... molecular structures.
HURD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > Installed Warrior Modifications and accessories