Finally Mods complete (for this year) - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2010, 10:10 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Finally Mods complete (for this year)

Since I have a 2008 Midnight, I could not have the same rims as everyone else. I'm not into a lot of chrome, so It was time for a change... So the rims got a two tone finish, Victory Red in the center, and Jet Black for the outer edge. Had the rotors and drive pulley panted to match. The pics seem to make the red really bright, but in person seems a lot darker. I had some other small peices painted for a little accent without being overbearing.

Had the tank re-done, tried to get the star graphics off without painting...but that didnt happen, so it was repainted and re-cleared

Powdercoated the tach-housing, front pulley, side covers

Completed the rear brake mod, was able to use stock line, since I used a bleader banjo, and dremeled the top of the original bleeder so there was room for the line. Worked pretty good!

Completed the open pulley mod. I know some of you guys dont like that look, but I gotta say, I think it looks awesome! While doing that I shaved all of the mounting points off the swingarm and repainted.

I installed the Barons adjustable links, added new black powdercoated CP1120's and internally wired them. Got it right the first time - but what a job! Also installed new grips and new mirrors. Got a few minor touchups to do plus give her a nice detailing. It was just starting to snow when I snapped these pics yesterday. What happened to spring?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
4UTNV is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2010, 10:22 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Finally Mods complete (for this year)

Looks good. I like the painted side covers.
royale5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 07:09 PM   #3 (permalink)

Bike is looking good. What's your opinion on the fit of the 1120s, how tall are you? I've got a set I think will be nice installed but am unsure about the massive amount of pullback they offer.

Thanks,

Roger
Rogerswarrior is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-10-2010, 07:43 PM   #4 (permalink)

Bike looks real good. Great work.
RaySDF250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 09:57 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogerswarrior

Bike is looking good. What's your opinion on the fit of the 1120s, how tall are you? I've got a set I think will be nice installed but am unsure about the massive amount of pullback they offer.

Thanks,

Roger

Believe it or not its basically the same riding postion as the stock bars on the later model warriors. I just love the thickness of the bars, and oh yea.. the chrome had to go. You might have to do a little research but I believe 2006 or 7 and on have the same position. I did not have to get new cables to get these bars to fit. I should have taken measurments, but from memory I think they are two inches taller, but1.5"? narrower than stock. I'm 6' with pretty long arms but I have a bad back. I did not want to get any type of bars that would make me lean down. I just came back from Americade, and the bike was pretty comfortable. I mean my a$$ hurt, but that is to be expected. They are a cool bar... I got a lot of complements, and that means a lot when your bike is surrounded by thousands upon thousands of other bikes!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
4UTNV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 01:01 AM   #6 (permalink)
Platinum Sponsor

nicely done, the rims look great.
kylenv is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > Installed Warrior Modifications and accessories