Chopped V&H Bug Shots? - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2019, 09:03 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Chopped V&H Bug Shots?

After taking my tires off and not being able to easily torque the rear tire i have thought about chopping my V&H big shots. Nothing extreme, just past the rear axle nut. I would keep the same angle as stock, and basically be cutting just after the V&H logo. Has anyone done this? What performance loss did you see, and do you have pics?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Diesel_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2019, 11:39 PM   #2 (permalink)

Location: From Whittier,California Live in Ventura,California

Here's a couple threads on the topic of shortening your big shots.
I replied to your post regarding the underseat tool kit.

The first link has one pic in there that looks nice. Another option would be to buy a shorter set and sell yours.
https://www.rswarrior.com/forums/13-...big-shots.html

https://www.rswarrior.com/forums/13-...big-shots.html
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4292947935_b74d5e2b55_o.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	301.3 KB
ID:	216096  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2002 XV1700 Roadstar Warrior
My Mods

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

BUB CHAMBERMAIDS

Riding On the Darkside #2 (235/45/ZR17 BFGoodrich G-Force Comp-2 A/S)
Rudy Jeremias.
(562)303-6036
rij1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 06:20 AM   #3 (permalink)

I removed my bigshots and went with shorter pipes because it was a pain to get to the axle bolt and adjusters. I've considered cutting the bigshots down myself. Go for it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

You can be anything you want on the internet, Strange so many people choose to be stupid. -Mark Twain-
madtom421 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-27-2019, 12:06 PM   #4 (permalink)

I had the same problem. Got a set of crowfoot wrenches and can easily reach my adjuster nuts on the exhaust side. Got 2 sets so I had one for the adjuster and jamb nut and it works great. Worth checking out for $10 a set before chopping exhaust, just my .02.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
benjamincab9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 12:13 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamincab9 View Post
I had the same problem. Got a set of crowfoot wrenches and can easily reach my adjuster nuts on the exhaust side. Got 2 sets so I had one for the adjuster and jamb nut and it works great. Worth checking out for $10 a set before chopping exhaust, just my .02.

Ya, i have been looking at those as well

Old 06-27-2019, 01:28 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamincab9 View Post
+1

- Starting System
&

&

alanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 05:50 AM   #7 (permalink)

+2 on crows foot wrenches! Great idea!!
WORYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 07:07 PM   #8 (permalink)

The crowsfoot worked great!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > Installed Warrior Modifications and accessories