Hard Bags 2009 warrior - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2019, 11:14 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Hard Bags 2009 warrior

Hey guys! I brand new to the forum and I’m super excited for all of the knowledge on here. I just bought a 2009 in new condition with 3k miles! The warrior has been my dream bike since 2005, long story. Now I finally have one and am looking to add some accessories. I really need some bags for commuting and I think some hard bags will look awesome. Does Anyone know of a hard bag vendor or a brand and model number that will bolt right on? And a bonus would be a quick connect option for a sissy bar. Thank you guys so much for all the info, I’ve already picked out bars, lowering kit and an air intake from this forum.(I’ve been searching the forum for 3 days and I apologize if this bags question has already been answered.) Thank you!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	B321657A-4701-4D02-BCF1-22A82B75C729_1565277175548.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	162.5 KB
ID:	216942  
Cboyup13@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2019, 12:16 PM   #2 (permalink)

Congrats on the bike and welcome to the forum! I can't help you with the bags as i'm in the market too. I will be looking for something that's more of a throw-over so I can use it when I need to. Let me know what you find and good luck!
Zmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 12:24 PM   #3 (permalink)

Welcome. It's been awhile since I searched for options, but I used EZ brackets and saddlemen bags. You can mount the brackets on any bags and place them where you want so that the position and angle looks best to you. When you take them off, only the small posts are left on the fender stays.

https://www.amazon.com/Brackets-Sadd.../dp/B00CG8WTVW
ridingrules is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-08-2019, 12:28 PM   #4 (permalink)

I've been getting my warrior fixed back up this summer and will probably be getting some hard bags for it. The saddlemen soft bags worked ok, but they did fly open and let some of my stuff out a couple of times. Also, the brackets made the bags stick out too far for my taste, so I'll probably make my own mounting bracket.
ridingrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 01:35 PM   #5 (permalink)

In regards to quick detachable sissy bar the only options are going to be the Jardine set up. Also with the Jardine you can buy the quick detachable part and make your own backrest so that it is semi-custom but there ain't many options out there. Sorry.
Heftysmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 04:17 PM   #6 (permalink)

Thank you guys so much! I will be checking into everyone of these options!!
Cboyup13@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 01:16 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Hey guys! I brand new to the forum and I’m super excited for all of the knowledge on here. I just bought a 2009 in new condition with 3k miles! The warrior has been my dream bike since 2005, long story. Now I finally have one and am looking to add some accessories. I really need some bags for commuting and I think some hard bags will look awesome. Does Anyone know of a hard bag vendor or a brand and model number that will bolt right on? And a bonus would be a quick connect option for a sissy bar. Thank you guys so much for all the info, I’ve already picked out bars, lowering kit and an air intake from this forum.(I’ve been searching the forum for 3 days and I apologize if this bags question has already been answered.) Thank you!
I just bought some bags for a road trip to Laughlin a month back, I think they turned out looking pretty nice. '07
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190616_180042_1565846078504.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	203.0 KB
ID:	217024   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190616_180106_1565846150828.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	243.7 KB
ID:	217026  
WeekendWarriorAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 01:20 AM   #8 (permalink)

oops... haha..
Those are Viking Bags, Lamellar Extra Large Leather Covered, and also the quick release mounts (which I like but were a PITA to install). Worked perfect for my road trip.
WeekendWarriorAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 12:41 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendWarriorAZ View Post
oops... haha..
Those are Viking Bags, Lamellar Extra Large Leather Covered, and also the quick release mounts (which I like but were a PITA to install). Worked perfect for my road trip.

How much was this setup? Been thinking about going with some hard bags.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
mayze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 10:35 AM   #10 (permalink)

Here's a sissy bar.
https://www.rswarrior.com/forums/52-...gage-rack.html

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
joshuaerdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > Installed Warrior Modifications and accessories