Exhaust-ing confusion - Page 2 - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2019, 09:50 AM   #11 (permalink)

I loved my cobra swept, the look and the sound were perfect for me. Except I hated having to take the exhaust off just to adjust the belt... it blocks the rear axle nut. I prefer to have my nuts easily accessible... makes maintenance much easier.
DirtieGirtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2019, 10:55 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaderDuece View Post
I may be wrong, but I don’t think Freedom makes pipes for the Warrior, just the Raider. And they’re known to have poor welds. PCS are famous for horrible customer service and their ceramicoating wears off almost instantly.

You can still find Cobras as well.

Good luck.
Appreciate that feedback and advice! Rather hear it here than learning it for myself that hard way!
TTUdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 03:52 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtieGirtie View Post
I loved my cobra swept, the look and the sound were perfect for me. Except I hated having to take the exhaust off just to adjust the belt... it blocks the rear axle nut. I prefer to have my nuts easily accessible... makes maintenance much easier.
Amen brother! Seriously!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
2007 Graphite/Silver, Churchkey Vbak, Samson StreetSweepers w/ Big City Thunder baffles, AIS Delete, Akitadog coil plate, LCV delete, DynaCoils under tank, Ivans ECU Flash, PCV with Ivans Map, Left side cleanup, Right side horn brake cleanup, 3-full plate clutch mod, BArnett Clutch, Pulley change 33/68, Cyclops 3800 headlight
LOTS of Chrome!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sandytows is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-16-2019, 04:07 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTUdude View Post
Appreciate that feedback and advice! Rather hear it here than learning it for myself that hard way!
PCS makes one of the coolest looking and sounding exhausts for the warrior. I looked at it seriously for my bike, but as has been said their ceramicoat has issues, they aren't offered in chrome, and their customer service sucks. Also the pipe is single wall with no heat shields. There are lots of threads about the pros and cons of the exhaust. Do some research and you decide. I'd you like the look of wrapped pipes, that will help with the heat and finish and maybe they are right for you.

There are a few slip on options if you can find them. I had a Roadhouse slip on when I bought my bike. In my albums I think there is a picture of it. Sounded great, real deep and loud. I swapped it out for the Samson shorties. Roadhouse pipes come up for sale occasionally. And it never hurts to post a wanted ad.
Look at pictures and decide the look you like then be patient and watch the forum frequently and you will be rewarded.

Also I don't think anyone mentioned it before, but there were some recalls for the warrior. Yours is so unused it may never have had them done. There's a lot written on the forum about how to check.

2007 Graphite/Silver, Churchkey Vbak, Samson StreetSweepers w/ Big City Thunder baffles, AIS Delete, Akitadog coil plate, LCV delete, DynaCoils under tank, Ivans ECU Flash, PCV with Ivans Map, Left side cleanup, Right side horn brake cleanup, 3-full plate clutch mod, BArnett Clutch, Pulley change 33/68, Cyclops 3800 headlight
LOTS of Chrome!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-16-2019, 05:28 PM   #15 (permalink)

Appreciate the notes on the PCS exhaust. I agree, the look is nice, but I've read too many threads describing issues with the pipes that I'll probably just save up for a Graffeo exhaust. Replaced the muffler today 🙂 Better than what it was!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20191116_105017_1573939699206.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	269.5 KB
ID:	218634  
TTUdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 05:38 PM   #16 (permalink)

I ordered my PCS pipe uncoated, had heat shields made then sent them to jethot to be coated. Absolutely love the pipe.
Yamatized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 11:56 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamatized View Post
I ordered my PCS pipe uncoated, had heat shields made then sent them to jethot to be coated. Absolutely love the pipe.
What was your all in cost? And how did you find someone to make the shields? Did you go black or chrome?

LOTS of Chrome!

Old 11-17-2019, 02:42 PM   #18 (permalink)

It did turn out to be a costly venture. About 8 bills total if I remember correctly. It was quite a few years ago. I had to convince them to sell me a uncoated pipe which shouldn't have been a problem but was difficult finding someone at PCS to make the executive decision. Once they agreed, I had them send the pipe to 13 choppers in Cali to build the heat shields and send the pipe to Jethot for coating. I think the outcome is spectacular but beauty is in the eye of the beholder. You can be your own judge. There are pics in my profile for you to view. Black pipe with chrome heat shields and exhaust tip. In the end, the look of the pipe far outweighs the cost in my eyes. Take a look and tell me what you think.
Yamatized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 02:50 PM   #19 (permalink)

Thumbs up I like it

I also like your Right Side Engine Cover

- Starting System
&

&

alanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 11:02 PM   #20 (permalink)

Looks great!

LOTS of Chrome!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > Installed Warrior Modifications and accessories