Exhaust-ing confusion - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2019, 09:55 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Exhaust-ing confusion

Howdy, just got a new warrior last weekend and I've already started shopping for a new exhaust since the stock exhaust is still on there. I'm looking around and seeing a few options on major websites. When I look at some of the pictures and posts from guys here and on Facebook, it looks like pipes that were not traditionally labeled as fitting on the warrior are being used. Is there a significant difference between getting parts for a RS and pipes for a RS Warrior? What are some of y'alls favorite pipes to run with?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20191104_082342_1573134914387.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	354.5 KB
ID:	218470  
TTUdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2019, 10:04 AM   #2 (permalink)

The exhaust ports are different, pipes have to be warrior specific. Not too many brands left choices are getting limited.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
You can be anything you want on the internet, Strange so many people choose to be stupid. -Mark Twain-
madtom421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 10:35 AM   #3 (permalink)

That's the impression I'm getting too. Almost feel compelled to pick something out ASAP before the selection dwindles... I've checked out V&H, PCS, and some Freedom performance exhausts for the warrior...any other brands that may be less known to someone coming into the realm of exhausts should know about that are geared toward the Warrior?
Many Thanks!

Old 11-07-2019, 10:38 AM   #4 (permalink)

... duplicate post

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
You can be anything you want on the internet, Strange so many people choose to be stupid. -Mark Twain-
madtom421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 11:04 AM   #5 (permalink)

TTUdude;

-I like the Cobra Speedster Swept exhaust personally. Also, the exhausts by Ricky Graffeo
are works of art (custom) and not that much more than some of the offerings from the big names.

madtom421 is correct in letting you know the offerings are indeed dwindling. My advice to you is to do your research and when able, get the one you want and even if you do not install it now, you will have it. Now that we are getting the weather that old man winter is famous for, the install would make a good winter project. (Make sure you get some new OEM exhaust gaskets for the install).

Hope this helps and let the forum know what you decide on.
Rg
InfidelXV1700pcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 01:25 PM   #6 (permalink)

Thanks Rg! I just reached out to Graffeo inquiring on prices. His work looks amazing. Crazy talented!
Old 11-07-2019, 02:03 PM   #7 (permalink)

I would probably go for the Ricky exhaust but if not just start by looking on Ebay and Craigslist as used stuff comes up for sale all the time.
Heftysmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 12:32 AM   #8 (permalink)

TTUdude;

-Another really nice exhaust is being offered for sale on this forum by ROCKETMANZX10R.
The Gen 2 SpeedStar 2-1 exhaust is a great performer and looks good also. I am not sure if he is willing to ship but it does not hurt to ask.
Rg
InfidelXV1700pcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 02:59 AM   #9 (permalink)

I like the Van's n Hines Pro Pipe...

Sounds n performs awesome

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk
Desertboy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 07:11 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTUdude View Post
That's the impression I'm getting too. Almost feel compelled to pick something out ASAP before the selection dwindles... I've checked out V&H, PCS, and some Freedom performance exhausts for the warrior...any other brands that may be less known to someone coming into the realm of exhausts should know about that are geared toward the Warrior?
Many Thanks!
I may be wrong, but I don’t think Freedom makes pipes for the Warrior, just the Raider. And they’re known to have poor welds. PCS are famous for horrible customer service and their ceramicoating wears off almost instantly.

You can still find Cobras as well.

Good luck.

LeaderDuece is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > Installed Warrior Modifications and accessories