what windscreen to get? - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2020, 03:48 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default what windscreen to get?

hi,

I'd like to get a windscreen that keeps the wind off my head... when going above 70, my neck strains to keep even. I saw some wave windscreens that could help with this.

How do I figure out which one fits my bike? How do they normally attach? I have an aftermarket steering wheel, but all else seems stock in the front.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0795.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	219288  
Euroz06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2020, 06:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Welcome. Most taller windshields are aftermarket and attach onto the handlebars. Measure your height in-the-saddle from seat to top of head. Use a level setting on the top of the handlebar horizontal member to see where that sits on your body in-the-saddle. Use those data points and a little math to determine head coverage as top-of-windshield above top of handlebars. Some shields sit below the bars too. Consider lowers to block wind from below if needed.

The only smaller Warrior-specific windshields are the Boulevard which attaches onto the Tach head, and a Clearview that uses the Boulevard's bracket.

From your prior posts I gather you are new to street bikes. I always start to shop windshields by browsing for everything out there, then when I find things that look good to me I find out if it happens to work on the bike in question.

Windshields are one of several very personal decisions, its all in your hands!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

arizonawarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 10:32 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arizonawarrior View Post
Welcome. Most taller windshields are aftermarket and attach onto the handlebars. Measure your height in-the-saddle from seat to top of head. Use a level setting on the top of the handlebar horizontal member to see where that sits on your body in-the-saddle. Use those data points and a little math to determine head coverage as top-of-windshield above top of handlebars. Some shields sit below the bars too. Consider lowers to block wind from below if needed.

The only smaller Warrior-specific windshields are the Boulevard which attaches onto the Tach head, and a Clearview that uses the Boulevard's bracket.

From your prior posts I gather you are new to street bikes. I always start to shop windshields by browsing for everything out there, then when I find things that look good to me I find out if it happens to work on the bike in question.

Windshields are one of several very personal decisions, its all in your hands!
Thank you for detailed response. Yes, as you noted I'm new to bikes.

I'm very confused about all the windshield options. Someone told me there are windshields that have a wave in them, which at small hight allows for the air to go over the head. I don't particularly car for what the screen looks like, prefer small one for sure, and black, but other than that I don't care for what it looks like. I looked at the one you recommended, but they seem pricy, is there anything under 200?

I just can't figure out how the fit and how to determine if they will fit.

Old 01-13-2020, 10:34 PM   #4 (permalink)

would something like this fit?

National Cycle VStream Tall Touring Windscreen Suzuki M90 Boulevard 2009-2020
Old 01-13-2020, 10:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
Super Moderator

I'll have a look.
Measure the diameter of your handlebars half-way between the risers and grips, in inches and also in mm just in case, and post here.

Old 01-13-2020, 10:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
Super Moderator

That attaches to the forks. The Warrior forks are inverted for performance. Those clamps are too small in diameter to fit the Warrior.

I've seen plenty of similar curve and recurve windshields over the decades, none that ever actually worked as advertised. I have no word or experience with this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroz06 View Post
would something like this fit?

National Cycle VStream Tall Touring Windscreen Suzuki M90 Boulevard 2009-2020

Old 01-16-2020, 12:14 AM   #7 (permalink)

Get a Clearview, their outstanding.
walkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 12:46 AM   #8 (permalink)
Super Moderator

. . . if you go Clearview then you need to find a Yamaha RSWarrior 'Boulevard' windshield tach-mount-bracket first. They have become less available.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > Installed Warrior Modifications and accessories