Sportbike Vs. Warrior - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2005, 05:01 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Sportbike Vs. Warrior

I'm curious, I've read some of these threads where some of you guys are claiming to beat up on sportbikes[?]. Sounds good to me as I have to make that change but who on here has actually had a sportbike and could REALLY ride it. By that I mean drag knee and actually use the outer edges of a 180 tire? I'd be interested to hear what the transition was like for you and how they compared. Obviously there will be some performance loss but are they as good as many of you are claiming? I have to get rid of my R1 and am pretty sure the Warrior is for me so any input from an experienced rider with first hand knowledge is appreciated.

Thanks
SteveAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2005, 05:11 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Sportbike Vs. Warrior

Ive had gsxR1000 a 99 R1 Two tl1000r, two cbr900 rr and currently own a warrior and 2002 Rc51. The warrior will not beat a sportbike in quarter mile run or in the twisties or on a track with equally qualified riders THE END!!!!!!!!! However there is not a cruiser on the market that can touch it in the corners!!! It has great upgrade possibilities and is very fun to ride. You can get it into the high ten low 11s with some engin work or chrome this shi- out of it. The warrior is a great bike Trust teh following people See Below

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thank you VETS for allowing all of us to MOD!!!
ohiomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 05:17 PM   #3 (permalink)

It all depends on whose riding the Warrior and whose riding the sportbike
Kenko is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-02-2005, 05:23 PM   #4 (permalink)

I agree with ohiomike. The Warrior will not run with the sport bikes but it will eliminate any other cruiser out there for a fact. I've been up against them all and I run circles around them
espmywar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 05:26 PM   #5 (permalink)

I came off of a YZ600R and am so glad I did. I'm just not as tempted to defy the laws of gravity and it's so great with the torque. I think it's a good comprimise going from the R1 to the Warrior since they share a lot of suspension hardware. You won't regret it. I wasn't a great rider but I don't think it takes one to appreciate the versatility of the Warrior and the looks you get. Good luck in your decision. A lot of my decision factoring came from the great friendship I immediately found within this site. Much better than your typical sportbike forums.
midnight_run is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 05:47 PM   #6 (permalink)

The group of guys that I ride with almost every weekend is made up of a CBR1000, GSXR1000, R6, and an '83 KZ1100(hey, there's gotta be one misfit). On the twisty roads I am by far the fastest out of this group of riders. Now, is it the bike that is doing it? No.

If you put an average rider on a Warrior, and the same average rider on a sport bike they will be about equal. If you put an above average rider on both machines you will find the Warriors limits well before you will find the sport bike's limits. There is only so far that this bike will lean before you start scraping parts that don't fold up.

Straight aways, forget about it. 600cc sport bikes will eat a stocker for lunch. Don't even try liter bikes. But hey just look at the bright side, you're V-twin sounds a **** of alot better than any of those little plastic sportbikes.
Old 05-02-2005, 05:55 PM   #7 (permalink)

You really can't compare because I own a zx12r and there is no way that the warrior can keep up with it in any competition of speed or twisties. But it has the best of both worlds in which it can defend itself in the twisties and is no slouch off the line.
Bigboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 05:58 PM   #8 (permalink)

quote:The Warrior will not run with the sport bikes but it will eliminate any other cruiser out there for a fact.

I think you're all forgetting one bike that will whoop the Warrior...step forward, the mighty Street Rod...Better in the twisties, better in the quarter mile, better top speed, better looking and last but not least, better looking riders!!! [8D]
johnnyknoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 06:04 PM   #9 (permalink)

LOL, Johnyknoxville is killing me. I worked a VROD over BIGTIME this weekend on the Dragon. That thing looked like a truck going thru the corners. Now as far as I can see the the only diff between this and the streetrod is rider position so I say this. Get on your "Streetrod" and see me at The Gap. We will see what that coveted Hardley will do.
Old 05-02-2005, 06:05 PM   #10 (permalink)

Show us some pictures of your street rod. If you have any????? I can think of say about 5000 members that would put you to the test on that one.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thank you VETS for allowing all of us to MOD!!!
ohiomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > Warrior Racing