First Out of Town Group Ride - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2012, 10:10 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default First Out of Town Group Ride

This weekend was my first out of town, all weekend ride. Went with the M-109R riders, and the ride was over 300 miles in one day. Beautiful ride and fun ride too! Started out in Nacogdoches, TX. Went through Sabine National Forrest, 122 miles from Nacogdoches, which is by the Louisana border. From there went to Angelina National Forrest. And then to Luftkin for lunch. After lunch left there at 2:30, and headed to and went through Davey Crockett National Forrest. Finally, through Davey Crockett National Forrest, was finally able to show the M-109 guys want a warrior is all about in high speed corners. Started out about the 10th rider from the end of the pack (of 28), and ended up being the 5th rider of the front of the pack. By the end we got through the national forrest, we made it to Crown, Tx, which is I think, 100 miles outside of Houston. From there to get back to Nacogdoches, we could have either took Hwy 7, which is a 14 mile short cut, from Hwy 21 (the slow riders/Harley riders took Hwy 7). The total mile trip back from Crown to Nacogdoches is 60 miles down Hwy 21. Hwy 7 was a 46 mile trip back to Nacogdoches. Well needless to say all the fast riders, took Hwy 21, was doing speeds no lower than 95, max speeds over a stretch of 60 miles, top speeds where 135. Me started 7th in the pack of the high speed riders, ended up 3rd from the front, and best part was, most of the corners we were going into, was saying slow down to 40-50 mph, but us fast riders were doing 95-110 around those corners. That is where I REALLY showed the brut force, power and handling of the Warrior. By the time we made it back to hotel we were arriving at the same time the slow riders, who took the 14 mile short cut on Hwy 7, were.

Super happy for my first out of town bike meet. With the bunch of M-109R riders that accepted me like family.

Best part is the conversion after we arrived back, was talking with the guys about the high speed run that we did. The first and second rider that was in front of me, "Didn't we have a Warrior hanging with us?". And Me "Yes, that was me." The rider then followed with, "DUDE YOU CAN RIDE AND YOU CAN KEEP UP. THAT IS A BAD ASS BIKE!" He said to me that he would be more than glad, anytime to ride with me side by side or in corners like that. (More than one of the guys told me this)

I was thinking to myself, that's right, keep stroking my ego.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
joeysmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2012, 10:23 PM   #2 (permalink)

o and here are the pic's of the ride
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	01.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	589.7 KB
ID:	13692   Click image for larger version

Name:	03.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	498.7 KB
ID:	13693   Click image for larger version

Name:	04.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	331.5 KB
ID:	13694   Click image for larger version

Name:	05.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	217.8 KB
ID:	13695   Click image for larger version

Name:	07.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	331.3 KB
ID:	13696  

Click image for larger version

Name:	09.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	378.5 KB
ID:	13697   Click image for larger version

Name:	010.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	331.4 KB
ID:	13698  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-21-2012, 10:29 PM   #3 (permalink)

Sounds like a great time, way to represent the Warrior!

It's so simple to be smart. Just think of something stupid to say, and then don't say it. - Anonymous

Member #3,925. Woo Hoo!!
californiacruiser is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-21-2012, 10:35 PM   #4 (permalink)

thank u . i just had to push my baby that hard to keep up but i got the respect i wanted lol .

Old 10-21-2012, 10:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
Ama

That looks fun, im sure it was awesome

Ama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:12 PM   #6 (permalink)

thank you . it was fun as **** .

Old 10-21-2012, 11:17 PM   #7 (permalink)

Sounds like a great ride Joey

BTW -you had your wife write that up didn't you -cuz there's more than one period, and no typos

I'm jealous of the ride though...

LeaderDuece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:59 AM   #8 (permalink)

Lol yes she did . And omg it was fun . My next one will be in April or may . And its 40 time's as big as this one I will be dragging pegs next time

Old 10-22-2012, 10:03 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysmith View Post
Lol yes she did . And omg it was fun . My next one will be in April or may . And its 40 time's as big as this one I will be dragging pegs next time
Post the spring ride date. I'll say a prayer for you on that day.

Think about it young man.
Forum member #113

Brother of the Wind

All things great & small should be horizontal or perpendicular to the center line of the earth.

Churchkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 03:00 PM   #10 (permalink)

ok will post it up as soon as i know something

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > General Forums > General Bike Talk