Warrior Went Up in Flames... - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2018, 02:34 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Warrior Went Up in Flames...

I have another story to add to the threads here. I bought a 2006 Warrior with 10,040 miles on it back in April last year and was slowly working my way through mods. I put about 6,500 miles on it last time I looked. I was out riding one day when the weather was nice, and I pull over to check the time, I look down and notice there was a steady drip of fuel coming from somewhere under the bike. I shut the bike off and traced it to the elbow fitting in the front of the tank, it somehow worked its way loose and was leaking straight onto the front jug. I stuffed it back into the tank the best I could, enough to stop the leak (or so I thought) and made a dash back to my place. I pulled into the drive and parked it away from the garage and went in to get some rags and pliers. When I came back out, I knelt down next to the bike and put my tools down and then suddenly I felt intense heat on my face and everything was a bright orange. Seconds later the bike was totally engulfed and was starting the car next to it on fire. Long story short, the bike was completely totaled, as was the car it was beside. I made it out unscathed however, even have my eyebrows intact!

Good news to come out of it is I found another Warrior, a completely stock 2007 with 3,200 miles on it. I look forward to having another Warrior, there isnít another bike that I would want. The bad news is that I lost all of my mods, V&H Long Shots, PCIII, HC pistons, VBAK and a few other things. Iíll keep a close eye on the For Sale section, and I joined the Facebook group, is there anywhere else you guys I look to try and find deals on some of those things?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	439764AD-E12F-440F-9BE1-FC9BD4E44A2A.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	457.5 KB
ID:	210092   Click image for larger version

Name:	80DCD69F-68F9-41CC-963B-9B912EEE7A1A.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	435.8 KB
ID:	210094   Click image for larger version

Name:	A12A1F81-578C-4685-A1D7-2AC7370F28A1.jpeg
Views:	148
Size:	176.9 KB
ID:	210096  
FlannelOnACamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2018, 03:12 AM   #2 (permalink)

[email protected] THAT $UCKS... BUT U GOT UR SELF ANOTHER WARRIOR....
AND U CAME OUT SAFE...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk
Desertboy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 09:09 AM   #3 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Very sorry to hear this. There is a related thread at https://www.rswarrior.com/forums/12-...fuel-leak.html where possibly you might want to add your story (or I can move this there if you want). This fuel connection thing is becoming a bigger issue as the years pass. Maybe its time to take some sort of group action.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

arizonawarrior is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-04-2018, 12:33 PM   #4 (permalink)

Bummer. Nice looking new warrior. The brushed silver is my favorite.
I think you can still get Vance & Hines Longshots and the Pistons are still available I believe same as the VBAK.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
2007 Graphite/Silver, Churchkey Vbak, Samson StreetSweepers w/ Big City Thunder baffles, AIS Delete, Akitadog coil plate, LCV delete, DynaCoils under tank, Ivans ECU Flash, PCV with Ivans Map, Left side cleanup, Right side horn brake cleanup, 3-full plate clutch mod, BArnett Clutch, Pulley change 33/68, Cyclops 3800 headlight
LOTS of Chrome!

Sandytows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 02:21 PM   #5 (permalink)

Ouch! That sucks big time. What kind of car did you lose with the warrior?

DARK MIDKNIGHT WARRIOR
Check out the DIY MOD LISTfor many free, cheap, easy Mods!! You will be glad you did!
Nightshifter's and Insomniac's Thread New Member FAQ
rcoligan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 03:33 PM   #6 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to rquest

Wow! Glad to hear you are okay but I have to ask, did your insurance pay for this? There seem to be enough people on here to acknowledge this should be a "known problem" for Yamaha. Check out the thread "How Many Warriors Have Sprung a Fuel Leak?" it has over 220 replies.

Rick Quest
rquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 03:45 PM   #7 (permalink)

THAT'S WHY IT'S GOOD TO HAVE A GOOD INSURANCE AND ALSO THE RIGHT COVERAGE....
EVEN THOUGH IT MIGHT COST SOME XTRA $$$ AT THE END IT'S WELL WORTH IT...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk
Desertboy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 09:59 AM   #8 (permalink)

Default Glad youíre safe

Very good that you didnít get hurt or burned at all
Sean321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 10:29 AM   #9 (permalink)

arizonawarrior: thanks for posting that, seems like it is the same problem, feel free to move it there if you want!

Sandytows: thanks! I will miss the candy apple red, though.

rcoligan2: nothing too much of value, just a ‘97 LeSabre. We were sprinting to move two other cars, but I couldn’t save the LeSabre.

rquest: fortunately they did. I would have been in a world of hurt otherwise...

Desertboy13: no kidding...overall I’m grateful nothing was worse!

Sean321: yeah...I did my even think about how close it was until my wife was telling me how lucky I was!
FlannelOnACamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 12:19 PM   #10 (permalink)

That's it I don't care if mine is not leaking I've gotta do something about this before it happens. I'm going to run this tank dry and pull that thing off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > General Forums > General Bike Talk