Idle speed adjustment - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2018, 07:22 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Idle speed adjustment

Hi all,

I am very new to the motorcycle and had my warrior for less than a week. The bike is 2006. When I first start it, it stalls unless I keep giving it gas. I would think one could adjust throttle screw somewhere to increase rpms. Not knowing what to do, can you help me out? Where do I find this screw?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
alex.gitman.58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2018, 08:11 PM   #2 (permalink)

Pull the seat off and you'll see a gold screw
That the idle adjustment...
First warm the bike up and set it between 950 to 1k ....

Also sometimes it's the LVC that starts acting up and that's why u have to give it gas for it to stay on till it warms up...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk
Desertboy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 09:54 PM   #3 (permalink)

After the bike is warm, what does it idle at? If it’s normal, then someone removed the LCV. Which acts like a choke. In other words, you may not have a choke.

Welcome to the forum.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

LeaderDuece is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-21-2018, 03:31 AM   #4 (permalink)

^^^ Nuf said ^^^

Welcome

Dutch
NL_NZ_SA_AU
Flyingdutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 06:01 AM   #5 (permalink)

Welcome to the family and the best warrior 4m.

Shadow Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 05:46 PM   #6 (permalink)

Welcome to the Forum. You got great advice there I can't add to it.

Post up some pics of your bike left side right side tank off if you can do it and members will call out visible mods

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Sandytows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 03:59 PM   #7 (permalink)

Welcome to the family!

DARK MIDKNIGHT WARRIOR
Check out the DIY MOD LISTfor many free, cheap, easy Mods!! You will be glad you did!
Nightshifter's and Insomniac's Thread New Member FAQ
rcoligan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 09:59 PM   #8 (permalink)

Default Idle speed adjustment

Hi guys!!! thank you for all the welcomes! Below are some pics. The bike was neglected I feel so bad for the bike I'm going to try to get it to be loved now that I have got it. The bike looks pretty bad ass though and that's what made me fall in love with it.

I went in to oryles auto parts and they told me that air filter for this guy is 90 some dollars. I want to install BAK now that I know that. Does anyone know if there is a detailed tutorial on how to do it. Previous owner looks like never changed the filter and even took off the right side filter completely. Probably because it was starving for air and he did not want to put any money into it.

This is the speedometer that's on the bike. I don't know what it is and if it's any good. It shows 16000 miles but I don't know if that dude zerod miles before installing it and it actually has 116k miles. Could that be?

Thanks for all your help fellas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by alex.gitman.58; 08-22-2018 at 10:05 PM.
alex.gitman.58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 10:15 PM   #9 (permalink)

Wow! Interesting headlights and tail light, seat setup, etc.. Best intake for this bike (IMHO) is the Churchkey VBAK, made and sold by a member here. He gives exceptional installation instructions and customer service, might want to check it out. And welcome!

It's so simple to be smart. Just think of something stupid to say, and then don't say it. - Anonymous

Member #3,925. Woo Hoo!!
californiacruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 10:39 PM   #10 (permalink)

Assuming you’re running the stock air box under the seat, then currently you have unfiltered air going straight into the TBs, because the side intake enters the stock air box via a snorkel.

The air filter is cheaper if you don’t get a K&N.

But yeah, get a Churchkey VBAK.

LeaderDuece is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > General Forums > General Bike Talk