Electric 2019 yay or nay? - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2019, 08:21 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Electric 2019 yay or nay?

Thoughts on electric? Maybe they’ll make an electric Warrior with 300ft lbs if torque!

Zero’s SR/F has eyebrow raising specs.

140 ft-lbs of torque
110hp
124 mph top speed
200 mile range
80min charge time
Low maintenance

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stretch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2019, 11:13 PM   #2 (permalink)

Low maintenance and gobs of torque. The purists will miss the sounds, but after riding in an electric car, the quietness grows on you! Although on a motorcycle you will never have quiet. I personally cannot wait until they are more affordable and availability increases!
gemini8026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 09:22 AM   #3 (permalink)

Not for me to pricey.

I quickly comped a new R6 @ 45 mpg = 4000 gallons of gas @ 2.50 a gallon & 180,000 miles later to break even on the purchase prices.

Normal maint & E charges were not considered.
Forum member #113

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Brother of the Wind

All things great & small should be horizontal or perpendicular to the center line of the earth.

Churchkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-11-2019, 11:11 AM   #4 (permalink)

Eeek price is a turnoff. If prices were similar that torque is alluring. Then there is the idea of being ‘green’ for environment but I wonder about pollution caused by making and then down the road trashing these batteries.

Old 07-11-2019, 12:04 PM   #5 (permalink)

Performance sounds great and all, but I'm a huge music fan and always have it playing everywhere I go, unless I'm on my bike! I don't know about not having that feel and sound when rolling on the throttle! If they were cheaper then I could justify having one as a track toy, not sure about the daily ride though.
Zmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 12:09 PM   #6 (permalink)

Dude now I know the next greatest invention of all time… A music app that plays the sound of loud pipes when you roll on the throttle of the e-bike.

Old 07-11-2019, 12:23 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
Dude now I know the next greatest invention of all time… A music app that plays the sound of loud pipes when you roll on the throttle of the e-bike.
Huh... you could actually use the accelerometers in your phone and the GPS speed from an app like velociraptor... from those two inputs you could get pretty close to what "gear" you would be in as well as "throttle position" (i.e. how much throttle your giving her)... hot dang, that's totally possible!

As for the original question; COST. The only variable I care about is cost. Not just purchase price, but cost of ownership, which includes reliability, battery replacement, and anticipated resale value. If it had the same performance as a gasser and similiar cost then I would go for it. Right now the premium is way too much to even consider.

I remember walking into a Wiz electronics store in NJ back in the early 90's... they had a single plasma TV for sale. It was HUGE!!! I think it was 45" across!!!!! And if memory serves me, the cost was $19,999.

I paid $349 for my 55" about 6 months ago.
DirtieGirtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 12:40 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:

That's brilliant!
Old 07-11-2019, 12:41 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtieGirtie View Post
Huh... you could actually use the accelerometers in your phone and the GPS speed from an app like velociraptor... from those two inputs you could get pretty close to what "gear" you would be in as well as "throttle position" (i.e. how much throttle your giving her)... hot dang, that's totally possible!

As for the original question; COST. The only variable I care about is cost. Not just purchase price, but cost of ownership, which includes reliability, battery replacement, and anticipated resale value. If it had the same performance as a gasser and similiar cost then I would go for it. Right now the premium is way too much to even consider.

I remember walking into a Wiz electronics store in NJ back in the early 90's... they had a single plasma TV for sale. It was HUGE!!! I think it was 45" across!!!!! And if memory serves me, the cost was $19,999.

I paid $349 for my 55" about 6 months ago.

Also brilliant!
Old 07-11-2019, 01:49 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Eeek price is a turnoff. If prices were similar that torque is alluring. Then there is the idea of being ‘green’ for environment but I wonder about pollution caused by making and then down the road trashing these batteries.
True. Green makes no consideration for what it takes to manufacture the batteries for these 'clean' vehicles.
craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > General Forums > General Bike Talk