HD Emergency Drive Belt Kit - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2008, 03:05 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default HD Emergency Drive Belt Kit

You may have seen a recent post about me snapping my belt...Well, after being stranded for several hours in the dead of night I found and purchased this kit. It is a Harley Davidson Emergency Final drive belt kit. Essentially it contains a belt with the same specs as ours (130 tooth, 14mm pitch, 1 1/8" wide), 15 allenhead screws (you really need only 12, 3 are spares), and several allan head wrenches.

Basically, this belt can be installed on the spot without having to take off the front pulley cover, swingarm, or rear wheel. It is an open-ended belt that is secured via 12 allen head screws joining a "v" type union. It is meant as an emergency temporary belt to get you home or to the nearest dealer within 200 miles.

I would think this is a good thing to have when going on a long trip or just to have around the house so someone can drive it out to you if you are not too far away from home. Sure beats having to wait several hours in the dead of night in nowheresville and having to go thru the hassle and expense of towing...

anyways, I got it from an HD dealer on the net but they took a week to ship and their service was crappy. I asked them about doing a group buy for us and they were not interested.

You can find these kits on ebay as well for about $110. HD part # 40171-97 for '94 and up Dyna and Softail models, 130 tooth, 14mm pitch, 1-1/8" wide

mdfdwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2008, 03:08 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: HD Emergency Drive Belt Kit

That's awesome...a must havefor a long trip.
condrons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 10:56 AM   #3 (permalink)

Thatis awesome! I think I will pick up one of those! I spend so much time beating on my bike that I figure mine is bound to break anytime. Nice find!
mentalcase is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-04-2008, 11:22 AM   #4 (permalink)

I bought parts my Harely parts from Zanotti Motors. I'm new to Harleys (I have a Sportster and a Warrior) so I found them out in their forums. The nearest Harley dealer is a hike here and their prices are hard to beat. The catch is you need the part number and you have to payfor return shipping. They have gotten back to me very quickly by emails and refunds are not a hassle otherwise.

https://www.zanottimotor.com/shopping/partLookUp.html

or

http://www.latus-harley-davidson.com...956-plist.html
coolcat2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 05:43 PM   #5 (permalink)

Thanks a lot for the great info, guys. I got one 40171-97 kit off eBay, for $99.95.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Night Demon -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Winner -

First
with the Demon - Another

Friends call me Floren, join the
group on Facebook
"If you are not sure, just open the throttle"
TECK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 08:07 PM   #6 (permalink)

There is another one left, for $109.95. Try the best offer at $99.95, it should work instantly like it did for the other one I got. It is way cheaper then the HD dealer, not to mention that I'm sure to have one on hand.

Night Demon -
Winner -

First
with the Demon - Another

group on Facebook
Old 06-27-2009, 08:36 AM   #7 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to tomba

TECKquestion...lol....will that emergency belt fit a 2002 and 2003 as we take 1.5in belts i believe, and 04 up to 09 take 1+1eighth in belts..jools and i are wondering if to take it to europe or not, for 22ndjuly...would we get it in time even? ...seems like a neat idea for sure is 200 miles it's real limit ...or could we take it off and reuse at a later date?? - cheers tom

WARRIOR - OIL CHECK VIDEO
tomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 03:08 PM   #8 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to tomba

just to say i received a fast pm from Teck...as this emergency belt only fits 04+ we're out of luck..but hey we didn't get to waste our time and money as Teck was good enough to come back....cheers Teck

WARRIOR - OIL CHECK VIDEO
tomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 03:49 PM   #9 (permalink)

i broke my belt two days ago and i wish i had one of those when it happened that some one could have brought out to me
tausch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 04:26 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomba

just to say i received a fast pm from Teck...as this emergency belt only fits 04+ we're out of luck..but hey we didn't get to waste our time and money as Teck was good enough to come back....cheers Teck
The belt fits any Warrior that has a 1 1/8" pulley. The stock specs are common for all years:

130 tooth, 14mm pitch, 1 1/8" wide

Night Demon -
Winner -

First
with the Demon - Another

group on Facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > General Forums > Product Reviews