Slip-on exhaust - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2011, 10:33 PM   #1 (permalink)

Smile Slip-on exhaust

I was thinking about getting a slip on muffler for my 08' Warrior. Does anybody have a good recommendation? I'm looking for something louder than stock, but not as loud as straight pipe. Any help would be great.
41784 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2011, 10:51 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to robriguez

I have a Dale Walker Holeshot slipon. Its almost as quiet as stock when idling but comes to life when you get on it.

The Roadhouse I think has a better tone (Deeper) but it still is a bit bulky and cone shaped.

Theres the D&D slipon thats been discontinued. Some say it sounds like a small block v8. I couldnt get mine to seal to the header correctly so I never got to really find out for myself. One of these days Ill pound it round again and use some sealant.

There is the Barons Sport Nasty. I like the looks of this one alot. Never heard one in person. Looks alot like the Dale Walker. If I found this one first, I would have bought this one instead of the Hoelshot. I heard this one is a bit louder.

And finally there is the Bub Slash cut. Never heard one in person. I dont like the bend and the megaphone style.

If there are any more out there, I dont know about it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

robriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 08:21 AM   #3 (permalink)

theres also the cobra slip on that mimics the bub slash cut cept the slash is angled out instead of down, i personally like the look of the bub over the cobra but both are the best looking slip ons imo
southboundchicken is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-12-2011, 08:34 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrykuan View Post
I was thinking about getting a slip on muffler for my 08' Warrior. Does anybody have a good recommendation? I'm looking for something louder than stock, but not as loud as straight pipe. Any help would be great.
I had the BUB Slash-cut slip-on for a few years. It was loud and sounded good at idle and while riding. The only complaint, if there was any, was that when I rolled of throttle I heard a tinny rattle. Loved it otherwise. I switched over to the black Roadhouse last weekend, and I love it. Deep idle, acceleration, rolling off, and is sexy as ****. Take a look.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pulled over for a Harley.jpg
Views:	427
Size:	303.4 KB
ID:	2366  
ROXTAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 08:38 AM   #5 (permalink)

i'd love to hear what the baron sport nasty sounds like, wonder if there's anything on youtube

Last edited by madtom421; 04-12-2011 at 08:38 AM. Reason: horrible spelling
madtom421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 09:00 AM   #6 (permalink)

There IS a sound clip on YouTube of the Sport Nasy. I used the 'Tube to make my decision. Just about all the pipes have a sound bite, just dont be too specific in your search. Try 'Road Star exhuast' for a search query.
ROXTAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 10:51 PM   #7 (permalink)

Thanks for the help everybody! I like the Holeshot and Roadhouse sound, but I can't find any place online that sells them. Anybody know of a place? Thanks again everone. Ride safe!
41784 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 11:17 PM   #8 (permalink)

pictures of an aftermarket exhaust that I can't decide what to do with

Last edited by Khandfw; 04-22-2011 at 08:02 AM. Reason: Pic upload
Khandfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 07:17 AM   #9 (permalink)

Harry
I have both the Road house and the Cobra slip-on. I actually have a youtube sound bite of the roadhouse YouTube - 2008 Warrior Roadhouse Slip-on exhaust.
I think Roadhouse just went out of business.

I bought the Roadhouse off a fellow member here in SoCal. Bad thing, The roadhouse end cap screws are too small and I had to grind them off, re-drill and tap the holes and add 4 more allen head cap screws for a total of 8. No big deal, but, it had to be done.

I also bought the Cobra off a 4m member, I like the looks of it. Plus it gives a little bit more clearance for my saddleman luggage.

G

Last edited by 1256day; 04-22-2011 at 07:20 AM. Reason: Change down to done
1256day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 07:50 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrykuan View Post
I did the stock exhaust modification found on the forum and it gave a lot more sound and reduced some of the popping. I am very happy with the results as i like the look of the stock water heater. check this out

https://www.rswarrior.com/forums/14-i...haust-mod.html

Christo K
Mold your dreams into reality

Last edited by christok; 04-22-2011 at 07:51 AM. Reason: spelling
christok is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > General Forums > Product Reviews