FPR Relocation How To request - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2009, 09:14 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default FPR Relocation How To request

I am wondering if anybody who has done the FPR relocation would mind posting a step by step how to?

I have looked at the setup in it's stock sight, andmyconcerns are -fuel from the reserve tank going everywhere, how much 5/16" FI Line do I need to buy, how do I undo the stock setup between the jugs, and at the reserve tank? Is it safe to zip tie it to the frame?

Any pics would help!

I have read all the posts that I could find, but haven't seen details on how.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2009, 10:30 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: FPR Relocation How To request

I will do my best for you bud.

A foot of the FI hose should be plenty.

Once you get the FPR out of it stock location be sure to bolt it back together.

I used FI clamps for this whole part but you really only NEED them on the line going from the FPR to the throttle boddies.

The line currently going from the FPR to the throttle bodies will need to be split with a razor and removed from the two 90 deg plastic elbows because you will reuse the elbows. Be very careful while splitting this. Don't go too deep because there are some o-rings on the 90's you will need to re-use. After running the 5/16 line from the reserve to the FPR, (It is fine to zip-tie it to the frame by the way)take the remainder and attach it to one of the 90's with a FI hose clamp. Hook the 90to the FPR and run the hose down by the throttle body(see pic). I reused the spring that was on the stock drybreak line as protection for this line. Plug the other 90 into the throttle body hook-up and cut you hose as needed to make it up to the 90. Try to make the length so the hose will not touch anything as much as possible. Once again use a FI hose clamp. Here are some pics of how mine is ran. If you have any particular ?'s for me I would be more than happy to help.

This is a view looking down from the top.

By claypool782, shot with DSC-T300 at 2009-04-03

Here is looking up from the throttle body connection

Here is a pic of my fpr location. I had the open to air port up.

Hope this helps. Like I said if you have a specific ? let me know.
baclay9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 10:44 PM   #3 (permalink)

You're awesome!

So, a foot of FI 5/16" hose, 4 FI clamps, and reuse the spring, o-rings, and 90's?

What about when you take the setup apart at the reserve? Does fuel go everywhere?

Old 04-03-2009, 10:50 PM   #4 (permalink)

I can't remember is much fuel came out. It couldn't have been too much though. But I wouldn't do it in my living room.LOL

Might get a foot and a half just to be sure but it will get you there. Not everyone re-uses the spring it just seemed like a good idea at the time. Biggest thing is just take your time while running the hose from the FPR to the Throttle bodies. Try toposition the hose in a way that it flexes away from the throttle linkage but doesn't toch the jug too much. Good luck bud.
Old 04-03-2009, 11:44 PM   #5 (permalink)

Funny I should come upon this post tonight.I had my gas tank off today cleaning my air filters. I looked at the bike for a while in the coil area and in the fpr area. I was thinking about cleaning these areas up. Do you have the specs on the relocating plate? And how long does it take to complete the job?
jabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 12:01 AM   #6 (permalink)

I got my coil relocation plate from akitadog. He makes it perfect and it is cheap enough. It is a job you need to take your time with. I personally enjoyed doing it all by myself without anyone rushing me. I printed the install instructions off of Redhorse's site and followed them to a tee. They were perfect. Here is a link to the instructions.

http://home.roadrunner.com/~redhorse...relocation.htm

Good luck bud.
Old 04-04-2009, 08:48 PM   #7 (permalink)

Thanks to Baclay9's awesome how to instructions and pics (especially!), I got my FPR relocation done today. No leaks. Not touching jugs. Zip tied to frame securely.

I reused the stock hose from the reserve tank, and mounted it directly to the FPR, reusing the stock clamps, on the reserve tank side. I only used about 6" of new 5/16" FI hose, a light duty spring over the hose, and two FI clamps on the throttle body side.

Didn't take any pics. It looks just like Baclay9's above. Put it back together, and took it for a ride. It's the first sunny day we've had in weeks!!
Old 04-04-2009, 09:18 PM   #8 (permalink)

Glad it worked out for you bro!
Old 04-05-2009, 12:58 AM   #9 (permalink)

Thanks for the input.
jabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 01:45 AM   #10 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Excellent write-up!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

arizonawarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Library Section > How To's and General Maintenance Tips