Another oil change tutorial - Page 8 - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2017, 05:53 AM   #71 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Darkside, you can edit your first post using Go Advanced then delete the broken url's and then upload the original pics using Manage Attachments. This puts the images in as attachments. Save it then open in Go Advanced again. Then right click each pic and copy its forum URL and paste it into the post where the old broken URL was positioned.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by arizonawarrior; 11-15-2017 at 05:59 AM.
arizonawarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2018, 10:15 PM   #72 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arizonawarrior View Post
Darkside, you can edit your first post using Go Advanced then delete the broken url's and then upload the original pics using Manage Attachments. This puts the images in as attachments. Save it then open in Go Advanced again. Then right click each pic and copy its forum URL and paste it into the post where the old broken URL was positioned.
Ouch! My brain!
Old 02-22-2018, 10:51 PM   #73 (permalink)
Super Moderator

I know. But it hosts the pics here so its always here no matter what. Plus mods can add certain stuff into the Documentation forum in the same fashion. Its hosted.

arizonawarrior is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-11-2019, 07:25 PM   #74 (permalink)

Just posting a comment so it's easier to find this again later.
beeker73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 07:40 PM   #75 (permalink)
sdw

I like the clarity of your oil change procedure. Thanks!
sdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 09:17 PM   #76 (permalink)

Just a clarification, this is Redbullssg (Stan), not See... Still can't get in.

Anyway, been a while since I've done an oil change on the bike, it's been in storage for a few years. I changed it before I stored it, so the oil looked great still, but, did it anyway. Like I said, it's been a while, so had to try to remember the ropes. I rode it for a bit, let idle for 30 seconds or so, but the rest was a fog, lmao guess I'm getting old. I drained the front plug, and the filter. Went to drain the rear plug and was trying to remember, for some reason, I didn't remember changing socket sizes for the rear, but I removed the oil tank lower tube plug (10mm) and soon as I did, I was like, that's not right. Nothing came out, but just a trickle. Anyway, move to the correct one, drained the rest..

Now, I could kinda remeber it was under 5 quarts, because I'd always have some left over, and put it on the shelf for next change. But after filling with 4.5, then running for a while, and checking the level again, it didn't even touch the bottom of the dipstick. Looking down inside, it was really low looking.. I could, I am pretty sure, put another quart in there before it would be half way on the dipstick. But, I knew 5 quarts is not right....

Came to my trust forum, missing this place... Anyway, now I'm sure I was right after reading through, but do not understand why it's not showing on the stick right. I'll ride it and check again, but I do not ever remeber dojng that before. I'm wondering if by pulling the 10mm plug, it released a vacuum and more drained out the rear than normal... Guess I'll find out when ride it and recheck.

redbullssg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Library Section > How To's and General Maintenance Tips