Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums - View Single Post - Shortening a set of Big Shots
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2010, 12:08 AM   #2 (permalink)
oldman

Default Re: Shortening a set of Big Shots

We talked about doing this about 5 or 6 years ago. I have no idea what the consensus was. If you remove the baffles you will loose low end. It will be very noticeable. If I was going to do it I would reposition the crossover as far from the ends of the pipes as possible then move the baffles back an equal amount and call it good. I have my bike loaded inside my trailerso I can't take a look right now. As I recall, you should be able to move things back approx 2 to 3 inches. If that is correct it would be nice because it would allow access to the axle. That would sure be nice. The pipes would be unique and that would also be very nice. I wonder what it would cost to have the cut down heat shields rechromed. That would be the only real expense. Someone remind me once I am down in Texas and I'll look into the cost of the chrome. If it isn't too outrageous I think I'll shorten mine.

I just looked at some pics of mine. I forgot about the bendsin the pipesby the transfer case. You may not be able to move the baffles back very much unless you shorten them.

Everything looks a bit better and your problems don't seem quite so bad from the saddle of a bike! - Jack Conrad

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

oldman is offline   Reply With Quote