Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums - View Single Post - 2011 Fat Bob test Ride
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2011, 05:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
Centerline

Pretty much nailed it, as a 30,000 mile owner of an '09 FatBob. I cdertainly like mine quite a lot, but it needed to be raised for my liking, had to have the mid controls and very most definitely the engine needed some major work to get some serious (for a cruiser) power out of the engine room. Still, the brakes are only just okay for my liking. Raised, it is more than a match for Warriors on very tight twisty roads. On high speed turns, which for me are turns in full lean that are above 50 mph..... the frame of the Fat Bob causes (for me) truly scary and squirly "handling", in that realm it is no match for a Warrior ridden by equally skilled riders.
It's highway range at steady state of 65-75mph on the superslab of 225-250 miles is way beyond a Warrior as for me is the ride comfort. I could not have comfortably ridden (even if they had 250 mile range) either of my Warriors. I can put in 1,000 plus mile days on the Harley with relative comfort.
Centerline is offline   Reply With Quote