Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums - View Single Post - Popular Mods and Repairs Knowledgebase
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2011, 10:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
arizonawarrior
Super Moderator

Its astounding to look back where this started, as a hidden little 'list' for my reference as I considered what mods I might want for my new Beast. Somewhere along the line someone noticed that list, then more noticed it, and then suggestions started coming in saying 'please add this' or 'here is a better thread.' Surviving a number of forum upgrades and migrations, the list continued to grow and it truly took on a life of its own. All the while, many un-sung pioneering members experimented with new techniques and parts, and reported the good bad ugly of their efforts.

Amazingly, the original thread saw about 5,800 views, and the 'Legacy' topic was closed at 95,826 views, totaling over 100,000 views! So this is everyone's knowledgebase because so many have participated and so many have used the information. And now, with new 'blood' at the helm, what do you say if there's a little 'out' with the old and 'in' with the new!

This new venture begins with an exact 'Legacy' copy of the original Popular Mods post located at: https://www.rswarrior.com/forums/13-t...ledgebase.html . But it won't stay an 'exact copy' for long. Into the future, as Tomba grows and cleans and improves his Knowledgebase, the URL (link) to the Legacy Post will remain handy for reviewing prior member conversations and reference URLs that helped build Popular Mods over the years. But nothing more.

The 'Doc' (Tomba) has made it known we are all encouraged to suggest corrections, better URLs to replace exisitng ones, and new information to be added. This Thread will continue to evolve as it always has. Its a 'living and breathing' knowledgebase directed specifically at our Road Star Warriors that will only become more important as the years pass!

Many thanks to Tomba for taking on this thread!

Arizona Warrior
(stepping aside!)
(December 2011)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by arizonawarrior; 12-23-2011 at 11:33 PM. Reason: And bad mistakes, I've made a few, I've had my share of sand kicked in my face - But I've come through!
arizonawarrior is offline   Reply With Quote