Searching the zero map file for Power Commander 3 serial - Page 2 - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2018, 05:44 PM   #11 (permalink)

Look through the pipe, if you see all the way it's the standard,
the quiet are blocked at some point

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Snowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2018, 09:17 PM   #12 (permalink)

It has the standard baffles
Scott A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 10:53 PM   #13 (permalink)

I have a map for this, PM me your email if you want it

-
Snowboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-04-2018, 02:25 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowboy View Post
PM sent, thanks!
Scott A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 03:24 AM   #15 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Awesome!

Quote:

arizonawarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 11:45 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
This is the one I was using before flashing the ECU

It's Badger's map modified to better fit with the V&H Quiet Baffles
Hello Snowboy,
I am wondering if you could send me the map through drop box as well.
I am running
Barons BAK, block offs
Vance and Hines Big shots with quiet baffles
I have a PCIII serial
and I'm using the old PCIII software with a usb to serial cable.
I tried the PCIIIUSB software but wont connect, so I guess im stuck with the old software.
Any idea how I can see the map that's in it now ?
thanks
03Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 02:15 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03Power View Post
Hello Snowboy,
I have a PCIII serial
and I'm using the old PCIII software with a usb to serial cable.
I tried the PCIIIUSB software but wont connect, so I guess im stuck with the old software.
Any idea how I can see the map that's in it now ?
thanks
If you have a PCIII (serial) then you have to use the PCIII software. it does not work with PC3USB software just because you are using a serial to USB interface.

Additionally, serial to USB interfaces are notoriously terrible. If you cannot communicate using the serial software, it could well be your USB to serial interface not playing well with the comms.

There is also a slight chance that even if you had a serial interface card in your PC you might not be able to communicate. The serial device is an old generation unit and the serial port pins in the Power Commander can corrode and make poor contact over time. I had a dealership bring me two bikes that were too corroded to establish comms in recent years. They were hoping that since I had dedicated serial ports, maybe i could make the magic happen.

If you can find someone with a PC or laptop with a serial port, I would suggest testing with that first. Then if it works you can make the choice of exploring the options of installing a serial com board into a PC for using this Power Commander or upgrading to a PCV.

Good luck with the trouble shooting. The device itself is good (way better than the PCII - IMHO), but it is getting old so converters and corrosion are your enemies in this case.
craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 02:53 PM   #18 (permalink)

[email protected], Craig... you know your compooter poop!
DirtieGirtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 08:46 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig View Post
If you have a PCIII (serial) then you have to use the PCIII software. it does not work with PC3USB software just because you are using a serial to USB interface.

Additionally, serial to USB interfaces are notoriously terrible. If you cannot communicate using the serial software, it could well be your USB to serial interface not playing well with the comms.

There is also a slight chance that even if you had a serial interface card in your PC you might not be able to communicate. The serial device is an old generation unit and the serial port pins in the Power Commander can corrode and make poor contact over time. I had a dealership bring me two bikes that were too corroded to establish comms in recent years. They were hoping that since I had dedicated serial ports, maybe i could make the magic happen.

If you can find someone with a PC or laptop with a serial port, I would suggest testing with that first. Then if it works you can make the choice of exploring the options of installing a serial com board into a PC for using this Power Commander or upgrading to a PCV.

Good luck with the trouble shooting. The device itself is good (way better than the PCII - IMHO), but it is getting old so converters and corrosion are your enemies in this case.

Thanks for the input....:-)
I did some research on USB to serial cables, cause the first one I bought didn't work, I found out that the chip inside makes a world of difference between certain cables.
Anyhow I found a review article on USB 2 SERIAL cables and found the proper one that works, and it did after ordering it.
If you purchase a cable make sure you have a FTDI chip inside, it allows many different drivers to run the USB 2 SERIAL cable in Many different operating systems such as Win XP, Win Vista,Win 7, Win 8, Win 10.

Good Times!
03Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Library Section > PCIII Maps Needed