WTB black or chrome handlebar accessories (levers/housing) - Page 2 - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2015, 10:30 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ama View Post
I have the tall billet risers and flat bar so no internal wiring thankfully.. Wish there was a step by step someone put up here for these covers. How do they come apart? Is this going to take a while for me to take apart and then reinstall? how does it work with the stock internals? Also do you have chrome levers i can see there? I need everything thats aluminum/grey on my bike to go away asap i hate it
Piece of cake for you then. They are just like the stock ones, only chrome. Couple of tips: Be sure to loosen the lower phillip screw on the housings first. The lower screw acts as the pinch screw to tighten the housings tight onto the bars. If you start loosening the top one first, your screw will start binding up and give you some grief. Also like I mentioned before about the pin on both rocker switches. It is a black plastic pin that you need to make sure is sitting all the way down into the slot. If it breaks, you will have a poor connection at the switch contacts; creating some problems. I just used a small pocket screwdriver and pushed the pin over so it could drop down into place against the housing BEFORE tightening the screw that holds the switch in place. You'll see what I mean when you get in there.

The rest is pretty self explanatory. You will need to undo your throttle cables and probably loosen up the MC to rotate it for access to the switch housing screws. There is some screws on the inside of the housings that secure the switches in place. The whole swap shouldn't take but 30 - 45 minutes tops.

The levers are the wide style levers P/N 7418. If you go that route, be sure to read Alanh's post on the bearing mod and sleeve mod for both brake and clutch levers. Give me a sec and I'll post the link.

https://www.rswarrior.com/forums/14-i...yn-7418-a.html

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Earth Is Full - Go Home.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Dunecraz; 05-21-2015 at 10:33 PM.
Dunecraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2015, 12:17 PM   #12 (permalink)
Ama

Bumpity bump bump

Ama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 01:49 PM   #13 (permalink)

Pm sent
New_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-22-2015, 04:56 PM   #14 (permalink)
Ama

Quote:
Originally Posted by New_Warrior View Post
Pm sent
replied.

Ama is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Marketplace > Classifieds - Wanted