WTB black or chrome handlebar accessories (levers/housing) - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2015, 08:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
Ama

Default WTB black or chrome handlebar accessories (levers/housing)

So I'm looking for chrome or black levers, mc top housing (want to get rid of the warning nonesense) switch housings for both sides or anything to do with the handlebars. Let me know what you guys got or if you guys know of any places that sell quality aftermarket products. No plastic or garbage like that.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ama is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2015, 08:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
Ama

Anyone familiar with which one of these will fit and what the quality is like?
Electronics, Cars, Fashion, Collectibles, Coupons and More | eBay

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-21-2015, 09:13 PM   #3 (permalink)

I have some polished housings I would sell you. The MC top is actually a common size, and you can get it on eBay for less than 20 bucks.

LeaderDuece is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-21-2015, 09:16 PM   #4 (permalink)

I asked the same question.

https://www.rswarrior.com/forums/13-t...-question.html

Based on replies I received I opted to pass on the ebay ones and bought the show chrome P/N 81-110. I finally installed the show chrome ones I bought just the past couple of weeks. They do appear to be really nice quality.

The Earth Is Full - Go Home.

Dunecraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 09:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
Ama

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaderDuece View Post
I have some polished housings I would sell you. The MC top is actually a common size, and you can get it on eBay for less than 20 bucks.
I feel like a chrome top to the mc would look silly if the rest isn't chrome.. I asked the guys on facebook and it looks like phats has the right size and quality housing covers, too bad they're Damm near 100 bucks..

Old 05-21-2015, 09:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
Ama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunecraz View Post
I asked the same question.

https://www.rswarrior.com/forums/13-t...-question.html

Based on replies I received I opted to pass on the ebay ones and bought the show chrome P/N 81-110. I finally installed the show chrome ones I bought just the past couple of weeks. They do appear to be really nice quality.
Yeah funny I was actually the first to respond to your post. How was the install ? Did you get the housing from phats?

Old 05-21-2015, 09:25 PM   #7 (permalink)

Also if you do remove either of the rocker switches be very careful installing them back into place. There is a pin that can be easily broken as I found out.

https://www.rswarrior.com/forums/27-c...ll-switch.html

Old 05-21-2015, 09:33 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ama View Post
Yeah funny I was actually the first to respond to your post. How was the install ? Did you get the housing from phats?
Hahaha, Yeah I noticed your post. I actually bought them from powersportsuperstore.com in January 2014. I paid $84.88 back then and $11.99 S&H but I had other stuff shipped with them at the same time.

I had to grind the alignment pins off as my CP1120 Bars did not have holes drilled in them. No big deal, and they seem to hold real tight on the bars even after the grinding. Installation wasn't bad, it was the internal wiring that was a pain.

Old 05-21-2015, 09:48 PM   #9 (permalink)

Couple of pics.

Are you planning on internally wiring? I was able to route my wires from the inside of the housings straight into my bars since the housings sat directly over the holes in my bars. Super clean look. The only thing I'm concerned about is the recessed cutout at the front of the housings that is left wide open since the wiring harness is not ran through there anymore. The only thing I can think of is putting a small amount of silicone in the cutout to help keep water from getting in there.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1432258797733.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	111634   Click image for larger version

Name:	1432258823745.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	111642  

Old 05-21-2015, 10:02 PM   #10 (permalink)
Ama

I have the tall billet risers and flat bar so no internal wiring thankfully.. Wish there was a step by step someone put up here for these covers. How do they come apart? Is this going to take a while for me to take apart and then reinstall? how does it work with the stock internals? Also do you have chrome levers i can see there? I need everything thats aluminum/grey on my bike to go away asap i hate it

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Marketplace > Classifieds - Wanted