In need of a set of 5 spoke wheels - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2019, 10:20 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default In need of a set of 5 spoke wheels

Hello awesome forum members! I don't post often, but I have been lurking on this site for quite some time. I have been waiting to buy a wide tire kit from kyleNV for quite a while now. But I am not a fan of my 3 spoke wheels, so I have been waiting to purchase the kit from him until I sourced a set of nice 5 spokes.

GDWarrior had let me know he had a set, and also a swingarm and some other parts that would make the switch out easy with little down time. GD was sending the wheels directly to Kyle so he could work his magic. I paid GD and then paid Kyle for the kit so everything was ready to roll. Then Kyle called and said he had bad news, the rear wheel was bent and in rough shape, and the front was also pretty banged up. GD refunded me the cost of the wheels (albeit with hitting me with paypal fees on my end during the refund) so that was stand up of him. However, now I am sitting in a pickle as I have paid Kyle for a kit and don't have a set of 5 spoke wheels to work with. Kyle doesn't have any on hand, and is also looking for me, but I feel bad being in his queue of work with no wheels for him to work on.

If anyone has a set they are willing to part with, please PM me. I am not wanting to do the R1 front wheel either as I have already purchased new front and rear tires to accommodate the wide kit and for a stock Warrior front.

Thanks everyone!
Mark

Last edited by SlowboyMR; 03-30-2019 at 06:18 PM.
SlowboyMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2019, 11:38 AM   #2 (permalink)

Bump....

Will keep an eye out for a set of 5 spokes.
Heftysmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 01:30 PM   #3 (permalink)

You can open up your options and use the three spoke wheels as well. If I'm not mistaken it was just the rotors that had to be changed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
tapeworm is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-01-2019, 10:42 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heftysmurf View Post
Bump....

Will keep an eye out for a set of 5 spokes.
Appreciate the bump, and thank you Hefty!
Old 04-01-2019, 10:43 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapeworm View Post
You can open up your options and use the three spoke wheels as well. If I'm not mistaken it was just the rotors that had to be changed.
You are correct on the only difference is the rotors, but I am currently running 3 spokes and looking to switch to 5.
Old 04-02-2019, 07:26 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowboyMR View Post
You are correct on the only difference is the rotors, but I am currently running 3 spokes and looking to switch to 5.
Copy That!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
tapeworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 10:36 PM   #7 (permalink)

Also wanted to point out that I am interested in even one wheel, doesn't need to be a set. If you have a rear wheel only, or even a front only I would be interested. I don't care if its midnight or two tone standard wheel color.

Mark
Old 04-15-2019, 10:40 PM   #8 (permalink)

bumping this to make sure I don't miss anyone who may have a set. I know Kyle is networking to see what he can find as well, but we aren't finding any 5 spokes. If you have something, please PM me!

Thanks,
Mark
Old 04-16-2019, 04:42 PM   #9 (permalink)

Default 5 Spoke for $$

I am getting desperate or end up out of luck here with Kyle. Since the wheels I purchased from a member and sent directly to Kyle were not in good enough shape to use, I am trying to locate one. I know many have them, and I missed one on here as it was posted as a message on my page and not a PM so I didn't get an alert.

I am willing to pay $400 for a rear 5 spoke wheel in great condition. I don't care about midnight or two tone as it will be redone anyways. Midnight would be great if possible though.

Please let me know if you have one!

Mark
Old 04-16-2019, 06:46 PM   #10 (permalink)

I will look at what I have tomorrow. when I wake up.

I was one of the people that kept my stock wheel in case I wanted to go bigger.

Shadow Warrior is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Marketplace > Classifieds - Wanted